Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   International Patriotic Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/international-patriotic-challenge-t186260.html)

QuiltE 04-18-2012 10:09 AM

....... or a wall hanging? or mug rugs? or a lazy lap quilt? or? or? or?

And too, perhaps some would like to do something International?
representing the homelands of friends they have met here on the Quilting Board?

or? or? or?

Sew Many Possibilities!!!!!!!!

peggymunday 04-18-2012 10:56 AM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by works4me (Post 5150626)
peggymunday - that looks great.

The idea of the challenge is to do a new project for this year. Since you have done such a great larger project maybe you want to join us by making something small like placemats or pot holders or a mini quilt or ???

Thank you, I will try but I don't know if I'll get one finished in time. I have one quilt on the frame right now, another that needs to be completed that got bumped so this one could get finished, and then another when those are done that is waiting to be quilted. Where does the time go? :D
Oh well, maybe I can at least inspire.... I have another that was also done awhile back and it hangs in our local library. They are very kind in offering me a space to showcase my work. Here are some pics...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328782[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]328783[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328784[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328786[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 04-18-2012 11:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This is one of the wanta-gotta-do projects that I spotted during a Shop Hop last summer.
Patterns purchased in one ... and fabrics found in a different Hop.

Please meet Monty the Mountie ... in his before state!
And Maple Leaf Rags!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]328814[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]328816[/ATTACH]

One or the other, perhaps both will be completed before this year's Canada Day, July 1st!

Muv 04-18-2012 12:16 PM

Does a Queen's Diamond Jubilee quilt count? I'm just finishing drawing the pattern, all the material is washed and ironed, and I hope to start sewing next week. There is no way it will be finished by the beginning of July, but the Jubilee lasts all year so I'm going to relax a bit..

Peggy - your double flag quilt is fantastic.

works4me 04-18-2012 12:29 PM

Muv - Queen's Diamond Jubilee sounds fantastic to me, especially since she is Canada's Queen as well. Yes, it is definitely a celebration of country. I'm looking forward to seeing the pattern and progress.

QuiltE - Monty is adorable. Please do him first. I really like your Canada fabric. We may have to do some swapping at the end of this.

QuiltE 04-18-2012 12:38 PM

Absolutely, Muv!!!!! ... and please do show us the beginnings. Perhaps your drawing? and fabric assortment? I'm really interested as to what you have planned and will look forward to seeing WIP pics, too. Me? a mini-Royalist ... I've always been intrigued by all things Royal, and have been picking up a few things lately, to honour her Diamond Jubilee ... a china mug, small plate, and a 1953 calendar with her Coronation photo.

Works4Me ... Of course when I saw him, he just had to follow me home. Sharing, yes, once we both know what we have as surplus! :)

KathyKat 04-18-2012 01:18 PM

Count me in. I'm planning on doing a patriotic quilt to hang from my deck for Memorial day and July 4th.

QuiltE 04-18-2012 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by KathyKat (Post 5151631)
Count me in. I'm planning on doing a patriotic quilt to hang from my deck for Memorial day and July 4th.

You're counted KathyKat!!!
We'll look forward to your creative wonders!!
... although with a siggy like that, me-thinks that you should be doing something patriotically-green!!!!!!!!! :D

wildyard 04-18-2012 07:29 PM

I have a UFO that I started some time ago in solid primary colors. It is a very long table runner for my dining room table. I put it aside because it seemed too blah and I couldn't think how to perk it up. Perhaps this challenge is just the thing to bring it back to life. Wish me luck with creativity, I'll need it!

QuiltE 04-18-2012 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard (Post 5152573)
I have a UFO that I started some time ago in solid primary colors. It is a very long table runner for my dining room table. I put it aside because it seemed too blah and I couldn't think how to perk it up. Perhaps this challenge is just the thing to bring it back to life. Wish me luck with creativity, I'll need it!

Here's to creativity and a UFO heading towards the Finish Line!!! :)