Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/jen-kingwell-blocks-finished-quilts-t297401.html)

Teen 06-12-2018 03:49 PM

Thank you, Judith & Anael!!

Anael...I agree with Judith about going with light strips so your blocks are distinct. I lean toward white more then cream...maybe white with teeny tiny color prints...like micro polka Dots? And then a solid of some other color here and there... I like the soft gray suggestion. That's what I'm doing on GTSB....Just bouncing off ideas... I think you are going to have to audition several scenarios to decide.

Anael 06-12-2018 10:29 PM

I had a look at several finished GW tops, found a few with white/cream strips and wasn't impressed. I think it sticks out too much. I will finish section 10 with the strips I have in mind - the fabrics I'm using for the blocks together with fabrics in a softer tone and see how that works. With section 10 I'll have a good example of how the whole quilt would look.

While searching for finished tops I came across one, done in only solids (yellow, greens and lots of blues). The strips were solid blues mixed with blues with tiny stars. It looks like a night sky, I really love it. I asked permission to share a copy of the picture here on the board. I thought you might want to see it too. I'm waiting for her to reply ;)

No sewing today, I will be gone most of the day. Maybe tonight one or two filler blocks :)

Anael 06-13-2018 10:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got permission to share the picture of that starry night gypsy wife with you all. Here it is:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595923[/ATTACH]
This one is designed and made by Sarah Ruiz.

Judith1005 06-13-2018 11:13 AM

Wowzers Anael. That sure is a pretty one. I do like those darker blues.

Macybaby 06-13-2018 12:10 PM

Anael - that is the one I really liked too, and figured if I do a second, it would be like that. My first was the opposite, lighter stripes with darker blocks.

oksewglad 06-13-2018 12:11 PM

what a wonderful interpretation! Thanks for sharing....

Teen 06-13-2018 02:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh....I like that one alot alot alot......

Worked in my garden this morning...then got too hot so I did a couple of more blocks for Section 2. The left one I ended up doing PP....worked fab!!

Anael 06-13-2018 09:44 PM

So tell me Teen, yhow does PP work on round shapes? I love the new blocks!!

Macebaby, I thought the same. One wild Wife and one not so........hahaha. No really, I would love to make one in these colours too. Who knows, she mentioned the fabriclines she used. I would have to go back and find out.

Anael 06-14-2018 04:21 AM

My GTSB book just arrived. They had another shop send it to me. That's ok with me, I guess I would have had to wait too long otherwise.

Anael 06-14-2018 07:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made the Berrie block. As I already had the Wedding Chain and Double Pinwheel they're now sewn together.
It's so different from the GW, I really have to get used to these colours :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595962[/ATTACH]