Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/jen-kingwell-blocks-finished-quilts-t297401.html)

Judith1005 06-06-2018 04:02 AM

Bravo Teen, more beautiful blocks. And thanks for explaining more on your applique method. I am soaking it in like a sponge.

Macybaby 06-06-2018 05:10 AM

I got motivated and put my It's a Small World on the LA frame yesterday. I'm going to do some computerized designs in the blocks, and tie it all together with FM. I have a design of a dragon, and I'm going to put it the sky and then quilt around it to highlight it. Hopefully I'll get that done in a few days. I only have to work 5 hours tomorrow and then am off until Monday. Next weekend DH and I are going to the quilt show in St. Cloud MN, really looking forward to that!

Anael 06-06-2018 05:12 AM

How exciting Cathy, quilting It's a Small World! I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Maybe I'm going to purchase the pattern this weekend, still haven't decided. I really don't need more patterns but when I browse the internet I noticed some of her patterns are insanely expensive. I might as well purchase more as long as they're affordable :)

Anael 06-06-2018 05:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I made two more Gypsy Wife blocks. Here they are.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595605[/ATTACH]
Colour Wheel

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595606[/ATTACH]
Crazy Anne

Judith1005 06-06-2018 05:16 AM

Macybaby, I can't wait to see your It's a Small World. Your customizations sound so unique. I hope you enjoy the quilt show.

lindaschipper 06-06-2018 05:16 AM

I will admit that until reading this post I had never heard of Jen Kingwell. Of course I googled her. Wow! Must say that most of her patterns are so complicated and I would never ever attempt them. But there are one or two that perhaps I could wrap my brain around......maybe.

Judith1005 06-06-2018 05:17 AM

Great blocks Anael. What size are the Gypsy Wife blocks?

lindaschipper 06-06-2018 05:18 AM

Teen.....can I ask where you purchased the multi color strips fabric from?

Anael 06-06-2018 05:27 AM

Welcome Linda! Glad you found us :)
I agree, some of the patterns are a bit confusing but the ones in the book Quilt Lovely are not that complicated. You need to read carefully and you'll be ok. And if not, we're here to help.

Judith, they're all different sizes. The ones I made now range from 9" finished to 3" finished.

TheMerkleFamily 06-06-2018 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper (Post 8071569)
I will admit that until reading this post I had never heard of Jen Kingwell.

I'm another who wasn't familiar with Jen Kingwell but certainly am WOW'd by her beautiful designs. Have too long a list of 'to do's' to participate now but perhaps in the future. In the meantime, I will continue to admire all of your beautiful work ladies :thumbup:

FYI - If you're a member of the Sew It's For Sale yahoo group you'll see there's a Jen Kingwell template package for sale for the Delilah Quilt that was a BOM and the gal is selling all 12 templates plus the put-it-together instructions from her BOM for $115.

Thanks for all the continuous eye candy - your blocks and quilts are truly gorgeous.

Christine