Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/jen-kingwell-blocks-finished-quilts-t297401.html)

Anael 07-09-2018 09:11 AM

Threading the machine with monofilament is a royal pain.......:mad:

Teen 07-09-2018 10:45 AM

Judith...i wanted to do the farm animal swap but I knew I would over extend myself. Adorable blocks that I've seen. I just signed up for the wall hanging swap. I think I can produce something in 4 mos. We are all busy little quilter's and want to do more with each pattern we see..lol.. Your grandchildren are your inspiration, which is so sweet. They are blessed to have you.

Anael...can be tricky but worth it...and it gets easier.. Hang in there and don't let go of the thread...lol....

Teen 07-09-2018 10:53 AM

It's too hot to go to Joann's......but that is a whopping good deal. Nothing I need but that never stopped me before.lol.. I just went grocery shopping and stood in the freezer door for about 2 mins....wanted to put a cold bottle of water up my top but thought that was tacky.....:D

Anael 07-09-2018 12:05 PM

I wanted to piece a few pinwheels but decided not to because the monofilament is still in the machine. So tomorrow more appliqué hahaha. I think it took me 5 minutes to thread the needle! Next time I need to thread the machine with this stuff I might paint the end of the monostuff with nail polish so I can see what I'm doing.

Teen 07-09-2018 02:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh...goodness....I didn't realize you meant "needle". I have an auto-threader (total life saver) and mine is a snap to thread. I'm sorry....that sucks. Good idea on painting end. Isn't there a gadget you can slip in the eye to insert the thread into a bigger hole area? Like those needle threaders for hand sewing? We'll both be working on applique tomorrow....those are the only blocks left for me to do in section 1...except a churndash. I'll do that one after dinner tonight. Finished all the drunkards paths and double DP today....time consuming... Here they are....

Teen 07-09-2018 02:12 PM

BTW, Anael...I keep looking at your Square Daisy and I'm very impressed with you applique. It really looks smooth around the edges and your points are spot on. You are doing great with this new technique. Kudo's..

Anael 07-09-2018 02:27 PM

Thank you, thank you!! I really like this technique.
Tomorrow I will do at least one applique and hopefully one double DP. I need to make the templates first.

Your blocks are gorgeous!

Judith1005 07-09-2018 02:41 PM

Teen your drunkards path blocks are looking fabulous. I don't know how you decided to use stripes with the dots. But, it is turning out some really fun blocks.

Anael, I am just loving your stash of pinks and lights on white. You have lots of interesting prints. It too is turning into a fun quilt to watch come together.

I was bad, again. I broke down and bought 10 more fat quarters for $7 at JoAnn Fabrics. I got some really dark prints and a couple light on white prints. I hope to make a kaleidoscope quilt next year. I have a die cut to cut all the pieces. I tried the paper piece way first. I hated every minute of it. Now, that is it. I am not leaving the house again for at least a few more weeks. Maybe Grocery's if needed. But, I should be good on most of them for awhile also. I only broke my budget by $20 and, I actually had that stashed away also. So, not too bad. I can't do that again. I am saving for my LA quilting Services and a new sewing machine. So, I have to be good now.

Teen 07-09-2018 02:53 PM

Thank you, Judith. I'm going to bind this quilt with striped fabric. I may do flange again...we'll see. I like the contrast between dots and stripes. Glad you do, too.

And, you are not bad. Lol.... I was afraid sharing their sale would influence you to run out there. You saved a bunch of money that you would have spent down the road so, in the end, your family budget benefitted. Kaleidoscope is on my bucket list too. Cool pattern. I'm probably going to run down to LQS tomorrow. They are saving me their Row By Row kit for this year...plus,Moshe texted and shared she got a whole bunch of new WOW, which I need in my stash. I use ALOT of WOW and used most of stash on SBS. I think there are 7 or 8 different WOW fabrics in that quilt.

Edited to add...Thank you, Anael....didn't see your post! The Double DP goes together nicely. I sewed the strip to large piece before sewing it to small inner piece. More fabric to hold to that way.

Anael 07-09-2018 09:11 PM

Well Judith, I think that was wise. You're thinking ahead and now you won't need to buy all that fabric next year when no doubt the fabric will be more expensive!