Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Merry Mayhem New Year Day Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/merry-mayhem-new-year-day-mystery-t313298.html)

shazziny 12-07-2020 03:02 AM

Irishrose2, I love your fabrics.

kalady 12-07-2020 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8439881)
I’m intrigued with this mystery. Sounds like fun....not sure what my New Years Day will be like but I should be able to squeeze in some sewing and chatting with you all.. I have had this Fabric A for quite awhile...I have more then is needed so this is just a possibility in case I want to save it for a bigger quilt project... still swimming around in my stash for another option...

Dear Teen , I love your colors and esp A except for the pastel purple. The others are yellow based and that one is blue based.
JMHO.😏

joe'smom 12-07-2020 07:53 AM

Irishrose, what beautiful fabrics you have!

vadalia, I look forward to seeing your new fabric. We have plenty of time before things start, so we might as well be totally happy with our choices.

Teen, I am using kit fabrics for this mystery. By the time I decided to buy some of this fabric line, it was no longer available in yardage, but this kit was available at a greatly reduced price. I'm happy to find a use for it, because I had no plans for what to do with it (didn't intend to make the kit quilt). I plan to put what I don't use here into stash.

Watson 12-08-2020 03:23 PM

Not having a single "medium to large scale" print in my arsenal, never mind one that co-ordinates with it, I'm going to go shopping and then pull from my stash to fill in the blanks.
I'm trying to venture out of my comfort zone with this, but not having too much luck as everything I looked at at the shop was right back where I always am.
Tomorrow is another day!

Watson

givio 12-08-2020 07:41 PM

Watson, :-) You must be opposite of me, as it seems most of my stash is multi-colored medium sized prints. lol I'm always scrambling to find a neutral or blender.

I'm another that has bought a kit for the fabric, not the pattern. Sometimes a kit on a good sale gives you fabric at a good price. I'm all for low priced fabric!

sewbizgirl 12-08-2020 09:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the MM quilt from a year ago (or two years?). It's the Around the Corner mystery. I didn't think I'd like it, but it turned out cute. If I make it again, I'll skip the outer border because it makes it too big (bed size!), and I'll put the main fabric I want to show the most in the position of the yellow squares (C fabric?). The main A fabric is the white with orange paisley... same as the outer border. It doesn't show up in the A position.

I will make more of these (with only the small border) for charity quilts. They are fairly quick to put together.

givio 12-09-2020 12:15 PM

I don't really understand the pattern, but I like how it turned out. The yellow squares seem like they should equal the darker squares (brown? hard to tell on my screen), but they are different.... being not symmetrical seems like there's an error.... Even so, I still like it.

:-) I see what's under the top.

JanieW 12-09-2020 01:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8441026)
This is the MM quilt from a year ago (or two years?). It's the Around the Corner mystery. I didn't think I'd like it, but it turned out cute. If I make it again, I'll skip the outer border because it makes it too big (bed size!), and I'll put the main fabric I want to show the most in the position of the yellow squares (C fabric?). The main A fabric is the white with orange paisley... same as the outer border. It doesn't show up in the A position.

I will make more of these (with only the small border) for charity quilts. They are fairly quick to put together.

I like your quilt, sewbizgirl but I think the bottom row has a couple of blocks turned. I’m just finishing the hand sewing on my binding so you will see some marking that hasn’t washed out yet. Your yellow is my white and your dark green is my rust for reference.

givio 12-09-2020 02:33 PM

JanieW, Beautiful quilting! I especially like the motif in your white squares. That's a quilt that will be better looking in person than in a picture, I'm sure, as I don't see the quilting so well on the darker squares.

vadalia 12-09-2020 04:58 PM

Aw darn, I felt all accomplished today because I thought I was done with my cutting... only to realize I completely forgot E2! Some cat or another must have knocked it off my stack of fabrics because I didn't even see it at all. Back to the drawing cutting board!