Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Orphaned Blocks QAYG Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/orphaned-blocks-qayg-challenge-t196192.html)

Jenniky 08-07-2012 03:39 PM

Wildyard - Part Five will be the attaching of the sashing. :)

SewExtremeseams - I will go back and take a look and see which Lettering is on a darker picture and see what I can do to repost those for you in a different way. :)
I have to laugh at myself because some times I don't know if the picture is actually blurred or if its my eyesight. Yikes.. :shock: Ha ha :D :D

Jenniky 08-07-2012 03:55 PM

SewExtremes _ Thanks for letting me know about the readability of my recent picture posts. If you can give me a couple of days I will re-post the complete tutorial with words under the picturse over in the Tutorial Section and then provide a link for everyone to it. In the future I will also post the words under the pictures in my posts here. I hope that helps. :thumbup: :thumbup:

QuiltE 08-07-2012 09:07 PM

Reporting for Duty!!!!!!!! :)

Jenniky ... you have worked so hard at putting the pics and words together!! MOre than well done! You;'ll be publishing books next! You know what you're doing to me? ... making me want to get going on this! And then there are all my other things!!!!!!!! :)

justflyingin 08-07-2012 09:14 PM

You did a great job. Everything is very clear to me!

Jenniky 08-08-2012 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5425484)
Reporting for Duty!!!!!!!! :)

Jenniky ... you have worked so hard at putting the pics and words together!! MOre than well done! You;'ll be publishing books next! You know what you're doing to me? ... making me want to get going on this! And then there are all my other things!!!!!!!! :)

"Salutes"!! :)

QUILTE- No publishing books for this Chickee. :D How would I ever get any quilting done. :D I'll be here when you are ready to jump into a QAYG project. :thumbup: In the mean time it is good to have your input and feedback in our discussions. :thumbup:

Daylesewblessed 08-08-2012 03:44 AM

Jenniky,
I do this method frequently (see my avatar), and for me the biggest challenge is aligning the intersections when attaching the rows. I have to do a hand baste for 1 -2" at each intersection to keep them lined up. Your idea of pinning the quilt together a few inches away from the seam is a good one, and I think it would help prevent the weight from pulling. I will be trying that this afternoon when I attach the first 2 rows of my Snoopy quilt.

I just found your thread a few days ago and have skimmed through it. You may have mentioned this tip -- I find the quarter inch presser foot a necessity when attaching the sashing. The layers are thick and the presser foot fits so nicely into the ridge. My sashing seams improved so much once I started using it.

Thanks for posting this thread!

Dayle

Jenniky 08-08-2012 04:45 AM

Daylesewblessed - I have not tried using the quarter inch presser foot to sew on the sashing. But sounds like a really great idea. I'm going to try it and see how it works for me. :thumbup: I'm glad you have found our QAYG thread and I hope you will continue to share with us as we move along exploring the various Quilt As you Go Techniques and Variations.

Everyone- I know I sound like a broken record, but I will continue to encourage everyone to give their input, tips, questions, etc. into our discussions. It's a win win for everyone when we share our knowledge and experiences. :thumbup: :thumbup:

works4me 08-08-2012 05:45 AM

You are doing a fabulous job Jenniky. I'm behind in reading the posts but have skimmed them this morning. Well done everyone and thanks for all the photos and explanations Jenniky.

SewExtremeSeams 08-08-2012 05:52 AM

Jenniky, oh, I didn't mention I was talking about future photos... I'm so sorry. Um, I was planning to ask you on ones I couldn't make out from the photos you have already posted. You have done such wonderful work that I do not want to create more work for you. Thank you so much for all you are doing for all of us to learn. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Wanabee Quiltin 08-08-2012 05:58 AM

I have wanted to learn QAYG for a long time, so afraid to try it myself. I know how to sew very well, can't explain my fear of actually doing this QAYG. I won't be able to post pictures, for some reason, it doesn't work for me. Maybe I can get my daughter to do it for me? Thanks for this tutorial.