Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Orphaned Blocks QAYG Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/orphaned-blocks-qayg-challenge-t196192.html)

dublb 03-26-2013 12:29 PM

Isn't it just gonna be wonderful?

Surfergirl 03-26-2013 12:37 PM

Your quilt is going to be very pretty.

vickig626 03-27-2013 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by GeePatti (Post 5955144)
Oh, I really want to master this! It is so much easier to work on a block, then join it to another block. My biggest problem is in the joining...figuring out how to make the back look as nice as the front.

Thank you for taking this on! I will try to participate as much as I can.

When I learned QAYG several years, it has really helped me get more done. PLUS.....I love making 2-sided quilts now. People will say the back is just as pretty as the front. I sometimes just use leftover fabrics or scraps / FQs or fabrics I know I don't really want to work with anymore and put these on the back. Really helps with busting the stash.

I mostly work on individual blocks and put them together but this limits pattern selection a little.

I'm starting to tackle patterns that need to be put together as a complete top to see the pattern (if that makes sense) so these get quilted in rows then put together ..... kind of like "flip and sew". I think Jenniky shared one of these methods previously.

Enjoy the learning process of QAYG. Once you master it, you'll love it !!

vickig626 03-27-2013 05:52 AM

Looking forward to learning a new technique Jenniky. Love your latest design.

Jenniky 03-31-2013 11:11 AM

Happy Easter everyone. Enjoying Easter weekend... back to work on Quilting next week. Taking me a lot longer to prep this tutorial than the others I've done so bare with me. :)

rwquilts 04-01-2013 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 5967987)
Happy Easter everyone. Enjoying Easter weekend... back to work on Quilting next week. Taking me a lot longer to prep this tutorial than the others I've done so bare with me. :)

I'm so glad to see you after the winter craziness! I will follow along as can do. I love your top! And I love the gorgeous black and white finished quilt!

Jenniky 04-11-2013 08:02 AM

Just and update. Im still working on piecing the top for the tut. I ran out of materials to make the quilt top design I had planned so Im working on shifting the pieces now to make a one row smaller quilt using what I have available. Definitely need a cheering section as I move along on this project. Definitely not as fun as the first QAYG tutorial. Guess I best get to it this morning.. :)

carriem 04-11-2013 08:07 AM

Oh Jenni! It is so frustrating when you have a plan and things don't work out the way you want. We are looking forward to what you have for us to learn. :) When you are ready to post, we will be waiting!

Hugs!

dublb 04-11-2013 08:17 AM

Go Jenni, go jenni, gojenni, gojennigojennigojenni! Ya can do it. :)

ssnare 04-11-2013 02:39 PM

Jenni, you can do it. Slow and steady wins the race.