Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   QB Quilt Contest!! - Lap Quilts made with Traditional Piecing - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/qb-quilt-contest-lap-quilts-made-traditional-piecing-winners-announced-t128948.html)

patricej 06-22-2011 01:00 AM

all of the rules are posted in the first comment, at the top of page 1 of this topic. :-)

JNCT14 06-22-2011 10:23 AM

Oh fun FUN!!! I love looking at everyone's work.

Hey Rhonda for the next contest remember that you can vary by color as well - so you could make us do quilts in all purple, or all yellow or a combination of red and blue....

and one of these days we need to do an UGLIEST quilt contest - some of those are just hilarious.....

or animal or flower themes...carnivals in honor of summer, summer, fall, winter.....oh dear I had better stop....

bearisgray 06-22-2011 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I will add this by Patrice: Width must be between 36" to 48" and length can be from 36" to 60". Does this sound ok? I searched on line and this is the general idea of what I read.

Can you add that to the rules at the beginning of the post? (or have PatriceJ add it?)

And anything else that has been added since then?

A lot of us don't read beyond that point - - - -

bearisgray 06-22-2011 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
all of the rules are posted in the first comment, at the top of page 1 of this topic. :-)

The size guidelines haven't been included at the top, as of yet - they are on page 1 - but in the 12th posting.

Rhonda 06-22-2011 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray

Originally Posted by PatriceJ

The size guidelines haven't been included at the top, as of yet - they are on page 1 - but in the 12th posting.

We had decided to not set limits but I am redoing the rules so will post that soon.

Rhonda 06-22-2011 03:31 PM

I added clarification of size and construction requirements to the rules on page 1. :-)

Thusnelda 06-23-2011 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by JNCT14

and one of these days we need to do an UGLIEST quilt contest - some of those are just hilarious.....

LOL - I doubt that anyone will especially make one for this category! :lol:

But I do like the idea of different themes.

I have one question regarding the contest open now: would it be ok, to include small panels inbetween traditionally pieced blocks? The ratio panel:block would be somewhere around 1:5. It wouldn't matter, if this is not acceptable as most likely, I won't be able to get it done anyway.

Rhonda 06-23-2011 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Thusnelda

Originally Posted by JNCT14

LOL - I doubt that anyone will especially make one for this category! :lol:

But I do like the idea of different themes.

I have one question regarding the contest open now: would it be ok, to include small panels inbetween traditionally pieced blocks? The ratio panel:block would be somewhere around 1:5. It wouldn't matter, if this is not acceptable as most likely, I won't be able to get it done anyway.

The only requirement is that it be pieced with traditional methods. Panels would be fine.

Foxflower 06-24-2011 10:24 AM

I have a qualifying quilt....and am ready to hand-sew down the binding....so, barring unforseen circumstances, I'm in!

Rhonda 06-24-2011 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Foxflower
I have a qualifying quilt....and am ready to hand-sew down the binding....so, barring unforseen circumstances, I'm in!

Great! I can't wait to see all the entries!!