Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   QB Quilt Contest!! - Lap Quilts made with Traditional Piecing - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/qb-quilt-contest-lap-quilts-made-traditional-piecing-winners-announced-t128948.html)

sandpat 06-10-2011 05:18 PM

Oh cool K! I am thinking that I'm not going to be able to enter this time....why do so many things eat away all my time? Rhonda...are the next ones you do all going to be "traditional" pieced?

Rhonda 06-10-2011 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh cool K! I am thinking that I'm not going to be able to enter this time....why do so many things eat away all my time? Rhonda...are the next ones you do all going to be "traditional" pieced?

I plan to vary the themes in the next contests. Any suggestions?

Scissor Queen 06-10-2011 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda

I plan to vary the themes in the next contests. Any suggestions?

How about appliqued wall hangings?

Homemother 06-11-2011 04:29 AM

This is a great idea to help us get WIPs and UFOs done!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

sandpat 06-11-2011 04:35 AM

Thats what I'm thinking Scissor...Rhonda...maybe vary the "type"...like appliqued one time, art quilts another time, "new" techniques the next....OR you could just alternate between "traditional" and then have an "Anything Goes" month...you know like they do with the BBQ contests LOL! That way everyone could play anytime....like if you can't/don't applique, you could still do something in another manner if you wanted.

Scissor Queen 06-11-2011 04:44 AM

Thats what I'm thinking Scissor...Rhonda...maybe vary the "type"...like appliqued one time, art quilts another time, "new" techniques the next....OR you could just alternate between "traditional" and then have an "Anything Goes" month...you know like they do with the BBQ contests LOL! That way everyone could play anytime....like if you can't/don't applique, you could still do something in another manner if you wanted.

I would also like to see two size catagories. One for lap size and smaller and one for twin size and bigger. Some people only make small quilts. Some people only make big quilts.

sandpat 06-11-2011 04:47 AM

Hehhheeeee...Thats RIGHT Scissor! Why don't we make this as difficult for Rhonda as possible??? LOL! Just j/k Rhonda!

Rhonda 06-11-2011 07:29 AM

You all are thinking along the same lines I was. Patrice suggested the lap quilt size so I went with that for the first one. but I do plan to do others.
I appreciate all the suggestions.

sandpat 06-11-2011 01:37 PM

OK Rhonda...another thought...are you thinking ahead so you might be able to give us a Heads up...like maybe a 6 month calendar..we might be either working on something we'd like to use, or we would have a bit more time to think one up...or is that a motive in your madness...to limit the time you have to work on it?

Rhonda 06-11-2011 03:03 PM

OK Rhonda...another thought...are you thinking ahead so you might be able to give us a Heads up...like maybe a 6 month calendar..we might be either working on something we'd like to use, or we would have a bit more time to think one up...or is that a motive in your madness...to limit the time you have to work on it?

I thought about doing this one and then waiting a bit before posting another one. So what would everyone prefer? Another one when this one is done and you would be able to think ahead to entering one in the second one or the third one or just wait awhile and post a second one with a longer construction time? If we did the longer time frame I could do one twice a year. But that might not work either as people will be working on Christmas the second half of the year. We will see.

Right now I just want to get through this one and see how it goes. But I don't mind thinking ahead.