Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Quilt Challenge! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/quilt-challenge-t2938.html)

nanabirdmo 12-28-2007 07:30 PM

hey tim in san jose, why don't you build me a robot to do my house work so i can spend more time quilting :wink: :wink: :wink:

Betty Ruth 12-28-2007 07:42 PM

You got that right.
Betty

jbsstrawberry 12-28-2007 10:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well...I just completed my first ever quilt. I used things I already had, not all of it was so much scraps, but finds. Like from garage sales, leftover yardage from clothes for the girls, the back I used yardage I got at a garage sale for 50 cents (like 8 yards for 50 cents.) The hand embroidery was done with leftover candlewicking thread. The yarn I used to tie was leftover from my youngest daughter's afghan. The actual squares of embroidery were another garage sale find. I bought a box of craft stuff (huge box) for $1. An elderly lady had decided to teach herself to embroider and was doing so by hot iron transfer on an old sheet she had. She had passed away before she had gotten all of them done. I took her work out of a couple of them, so I could do them all in redwork. The floral fabric, scraps from a summer dress for one of the girls. For the batting I used one of Alicia's flannel baby blankets. The eyelet around the edge also a garage sale find...10 yards for $2. I did it smallish because I plan to donate it to the NICU preemie ward at a local hospital. Its my thank you to the Power's that be for blessing me with healthy children and supplying me with the things I need to care for them, and the skill to make them the things I can't afford to buy them.
Remember, this is my firstest completed quilt ever, so I'm kinda glad my camera is a little fuzzy LOL

jbsstrawberry 12-28-2007 10:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A couple more of the redwork.
The backing is kinda hard to see...its red seresucker with white stripes through it.
Each of the embroidered blocks is a farm type theme and has a heart in it somewhere.

mary705 12-29-2007 03:57 AM

Great job

Chele 12-29-2007 05:18 AM

Oh, it's really sweet Lisa! I just love it. The embroidery is the best! Make more!

annmarie 12-29-2007 07:51 AM

Lisa - you must have a natural talent if that is your first quilt! And a great bargain hunter too!!! The embroidery is wonderful & the quilt just lovely. Lucky baby that gets to snuggle in it.

nanabirdmo 12-29-2007 07:55 AM

simply adorable strawberry, some lucky little preemy will cherish this quilt forever. are you sure it is your first :shock: :?: :shock: :?:

jbsstrawberry 12-29-2007 10:07 AM

Thanks everyone :) It was really fun to finally complete one!!

Icesnowquilter 12-29-2007 05:03 PM

:? :( I thought the quilt challenge was for 2008. I thought it would be fun and useful to use what's stashed away. Oh well,