Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Stash-busting Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/stash-busting-challenge-t196607.html)

AngeliaNR 02-22-2014 07:38 AM

Really lovely, Cindy. I've got a box of squares I'm making into 16 patches, too. I sew on them when my brain doesn't want anything more complicated! :) So far, I've got them all to the 4 patch stage--I don't know how many there are--but lots! I've been looking at the Sunny Lanes and Skittles patterns for when I have them done.

On the stashbusting front, I'm making three lap quilts for the mystery here on the board--all from stash. I'm still working on a string quilt, and I finished a Falling Charms top--again, all from stash. Now, if I could just quit adding to stash, I might see some progress! )

missgigglewings 02-22-2014 08:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Does this count: I had a Quilting Bee in my sewing room today and spent the whole day showing 3 young ladies how to operate a sewing machine, cut little squares of fabric, sew them back together again and hand tie their creations! The only requirement for them was to shop my stash! Here are their very creative results! In my defense..it hardly put a dent in my stash! But maybe I created a love of quilting in one of them! One of them even spent time with Jack the Ripper! She didn't like him one bit!

kaelynangelfoot 02-23-2014 06:41 AM

Sure it counts Miss Giggle! I'm participating in DaGMT (20 minutes of sewing a day for the month of February) and I count the time I spend giving my 10yo cousin sewing lessons. I think it is great that you took the time to teach those young ladies some sewing skills and its made even better by the fact that you were generous enough to let them raid your stash.

MadQuilter 02-23-2014 12:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just finished "Harvest Leaves" from a charm pack and some solid Bella yellow. Those HSTs did not match up in places so I appliqued leaves from a preprinted fabric. I like the way it came out.

kristakz 02-23-2014 01:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Does this count as a stash quilt? I bought the fabric back in Sept or Oct, with no plan other than "that's pretty" and it needs to be a quilt. When I finally came up with a plan last month, I had to buy 5 more yards of the background fabric to pull it off (so that bit certainly isn't stash). But I think it was worth it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]464067[/ATTACH]
The backing will be made from some black fabric in my stash, plus all the leftovers from the colours on the front.

MadQuilter 02-26-2014 12:28 PM

That sure is lovely, kristakz. I love the dispersement of the colors and provides a ton of movement. Great job!

Foxflower 02-26-2014 01:02 PM

Great quilt kristakz.....if you call it stash, then its stash.

kaelynangelfoot 02-28-2014 07:27 PM

MadQuilter, I really love that harvest leaves quilt - and the appliqued leaves add a lot of interest!