Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO 2023 Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-2023-challenge-t319881.html)

KathrynBock242 08-07-2023 01:18 PM

4 Attachment(s)
These are the Valentine's Day projects that I finished back at the end of January. The first one is a table runner that I did from a free class last fall. It is called 4 Hearts for Valentine's. Originally the applique between the heart blocks was supposed to be holly berries and leaves for Christmas, but I decided I would add roses and make it for Valentine's Day. All of the free motion/ ruler work quilting was done with my Qnique 15 Pro that I have on a quilt frame, while the machine applique was stitched down using a regular sewing machine. The quilting design that I did in both the half and quarter square triangles is my very own.
The second Valentine project was from a free Moda Fabrics pattern. Instead of turning it into a table runner, I decided I would create a (4) block wallhanging and add borders to it. All of the free motion and ruler work quilting was by my Qnique 15 Pro that I have on a Q-Zone Hoop Frame.
Happy Quilting. Hugs Kathryn

KathrynBock242 08-07-2023 01:52 PM

4 Attachment(s)
This is my most recent quilt that I finished last month. It was a free pattern from Alderwood Studios. This is the largest quilt project I have quilted on my quilt frame. The entire free motion/ ruler work quilting in the center of the quilt along with the ruler work in the outer border is my very own designs. I made a few mistakes in the quilting, but with more practice I'm getting better at it. After I finished taking pictures of the quilt, my cat Toby decided he really liked it and took a nap on it for a little while. Both him and my other cat Wendy are my sewing/quilting fur babies.
Happy Quilting. Hugs Kathryn

Gemm 08-07-2023 02:19 PM

Those are lovely - way to go, Kathryn! I love the blue one especially - although there's a lot going on, I find it a very calming pattern. :-)

happylab 08-07-2023 06:05 PM

Very pretty finish Kathryn, Yea on your 2 UFO completions.

WMUTeach 08-08-2023 04:12 PM

Kathryn, three cheers for you on two finishes! Ah, a deep breath and enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done.

SueZQ from MN 08-08-2023 04:47 PM

The blue one is my favorite and clearly has your fur baby's stamp of approval. Great job.

KathrynBock242 08-13-2023 05:11 AM

Thank you all for your lovely comments on my two quilt finishes. Been busy this past week finishing up two cloth dolls for Halloween ( we each made a Dearly Departed doll from an Arley Berryhill pattern) along with starting on the rest of my fall cleaning so I can put up our Fall/Halloween decorations. Yesterday took a break from the fall cleaning, and started working on one of my applique quilt ufos. Happy Quilting. Hugs Kathryn

Mkotch 08-15-2023 02:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I finished a couple more quilts this month. I've been working on the one with vintage hankies since the winter. The scrappy rainbow log cabin I made over a week after our town had a terrible flood. We live uphill from the flooded area so we weren't directly affected. I was burning nervous energy anyway. I put the bindings on both yesterday and took two (blurry) pictures.

WMUTeach 08-15-2023 04:28 PM

Two more out the door! Yea! Now the rest of us need to join in with just one UFO this month!. I am adding the binding to one tonight. Fingers crossed to get it done by the weekend.

joe'smom 08-16-2023 06:47 AM

Mkotch, great finishes!