Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

CrazyQuiltLady 06-24-2012 06:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know it has been forever but I have been busy. I'm hoping the picts will attach from my phone. This quilt goes to RedGarnet222's auction for juvenile diabetes. [ATTACH=CONFIG]344480[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]344482[/ATTACH]

carriem 06-24-2012 06:47 PM

CQL--great pattern. I like how the points of the blocks come out into the border.

ranger 06-25-2012 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyQuiltLady (Post 5314572)
I know it has been forever but I have been busy. I'm hoping the picts will attach from my phone. This quilt goes to RedGarnet222's auction for juvenile diabetes. [ATTACH=CONFIG]344480[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]344482[/ATTACH]

Oh my! That is lovely.
Ring the bell for you...great finish and for a great cause.
I like how the blocks extend into the border.
You did a wonderful job on it.

dublb 06-25-2012 10:47 AM

I'm sorry I haven't posted here in a li'le while. I have looked at all o' ya'll's lovely finishes but, have been so busy. I won't be able ta finish very many UFO's 'cause I bought my DGM's house! She sold it in 2006 & I just bought it from the people who bought it from her. It's gonna be a "lake house." It needs a lot o' work!
Here is a link ta the Real Estate ad for it.

http://www.crossbarland.com/208%20Center.htm
PS it is a 4 hour drive for me

QuilterMomma 06-25-2012 11:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well congrats on the house dublb, that is a treat. This will just give you a reason for the future to finish some UFOs to put in the "lake house". how special to own your DGM's house.

Here is a pic of a quilt I am working on. Cut out so many of these blocks and then stuffed in a bag. How do you think it looks? Does it flow well? Just wanting to be sure I am getting it right. i do not do these colors that often so i need help on this. It is not like the 30s quilts or my bright colored ones. It fits in my world of pastels, I don't play well with them. That is probably why it is a UFO, I have not used them alot. the outer border will be the same burgandy as the triangles. I think it fits pretty good. But if you have suggestions, let me know otherwise will sew it up tonight so I can get it done for my June finishes. [ATTACH=CONFIG]344599[/ATTACH]

Judith1005 06-25-2012 01:28 PM

Quilter Momma, I think it pictures very well. Seriously, I don't think I'd change anything. I love nine patches. But, they really become special when you put them on point. Very Very pretty.

CrazyQuiltLady, that is a very special quilt. And, I think that it is an awesome donation for the kids.

Dublb, That is truly special that you are able to now own your grandmothers house. It does sound like a perfect opportunity to fill it with the warmth of your special quilts.

dublb 06-25-2012 03:11 PM

QM - That is gonna be lovely!:thumbup:
Thanks ya'll for all of the encouragement about my DGM's house!

Everose 06-25-2012 03:53 PM

Bev, the house is lovely. It might need some work, but you will have some great memories also to help you on the way. Yes, I can see quilts and wall hangings to make it yours.

SandyinZ4 06-25-2012 08:10 PM

Oh Dublb...What a neat thing to own your DGM's home. Look forward to seeing quilts when you have time but glad this too will be a part of your life now.

QuilterMomma 06-28-2012 08:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Whoo Hoo, I am ringing the bell again. Here is No. 5 for June finishes. Yes, two days left of June and I have five more to go. They are all waiting on the longarm and with the flu, I have been slowed down terribly. I will get them done though. I plan on finish three up tonight because feeling a bit better. Just have to keep up the energy level. [ATTACH=CONFIG]345255[/ATTACH]
I started this one about three years ago when I cut my other one up that I did finish. Kids bought me a purse pattern and I got over zealous on cutting again. Well, it looks funky and fun. the inside even has pockes and I put a flap on this purse and like it better.