Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

QuilterMomma 02-23-2012 08:01 AM

Great job Ranger. If it wasn't what was supposed to be, one would never know because we like it.
My next project is working on finishing the applique quilt that I started quilting and had to take off frame to get some customer quilts done. Now I am back on track a little bit. I also want to finish up my wilderness quilt, couple of wallhangings, and the other farm quilt that is on the design wall. After those are done, will just focus on the rest of the 10 quilts sitting there to be quilted and my SIL's quilt that needs done for march and all I did was collect fabric for the last 2 years. I know huh, the only one in his family that did not get a quilt. Shame on me. His will be a challenge because I am just designing it myself and there is not set pattern. What did I get myself into. It is a western themed quilt.

dublb 02-23-2012 09:22 AM

Ranger - Wow! That's awesome. Toot the whistle, ring the bell! Hooray! It's in the right layout 'cause that's how you did it. Way to go! :thumbup:

ranger 02-23-2012 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5000858)
Great job Ranger. If it wasn't what was supposed to be, one would never know because we like it.
My next project is working on finishing the applique quilt that I started quilting and had to take off frame to get some customer quilts done. Now I am back on track a little bit. I also want to finish up my wilderness quilt, couple of wallhangings, and the other farm quilt that is on the design wall. After those are done, will just focus on the rest of the 10 quilts sitting there to be quilted and my SIL's quilt that needs done for march and all I did was collect fabric for the last 2 years. I know huh, the only one in his family that did not get a quilt. Shame on me. His will be a challenge because I am just designing it myself and there is not set pattern. What did I get myself into. It is a western themed quilt.

Wow, QM! You have a lot on your plate.
Reading about all the things you have to do, I got a real kick when I looked closely at your avatar pic.
Thanks for the giggle.

QuilterMomma 02-23-2012 12:58 PM

You are going to love this ladies. I had to get a zinger and binding fabric to finish up this pastel quilt and we all can be proud to say that "WE ARE WORKING ON OUR PHD". Ok, now what is PHD you ask? Well it is Projects Half Done. How is that? I just loved this so much I had to share it with you. I am working on my PHD. It is in quitology. Sounds good to me. I feel less adequate now.

mimiknoxtaylor 02-23-2012 06:22 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Caught up with the months (not UFOs:o) Finished son #2's quilt that I have been collecting music fabric for over 2 yrs.[ATTACH=CONFIG]314942[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]314944[/ATTACH]

Finished quilt for BF's grandson (story behind that :D) Also started last year but he's just turned 5 so it's still OK
[ATTACH=CONFIG]314943[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]314945[/ATTACH]

And lastly, youngest grandson's cowboy quilt started last year. He'll be 2 in May so he can enjoy it for a few years.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]314947[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]314948[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]314949[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]314950[/ATTACH]

It feels great to have these finished! Now to work on some for me that are years old! :D

dublb 02-23-2012 06:50 PM

QuilterMomma - :D You've got me laughing so hard. We should be brilliant with all of the PHDs we have! I knew this acronym a while back but had forgotten it. Thanks for the reminder.

Mimiknoxtaylor - You've done great! Ring the bells thrice! Your quilts are great! I really like 'em. Is the music quilt a 10 min. Block or did you use a Bow-Tie pattern? Those boy's quilts are darling, each in it's own way!

Fraew 02-23-2012 09:06 PM

PhD... Always wanted one of those. Who new I already had more than one! :D

Great finishes!

ranger 02-24-2012 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor (Post 5002581)
Caught up with the months (not UFOs:o) Finished son #2's quilt that I have been collecting music fabric for over 2 yrs.[ATTACH=CONFIG]314942[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]314944[/ATTACH]

Finished quilt for BF's grandson (story behind that :D) Also started last year but he's just turned 5 so it's still OK
[ATTACH=CONFIG]314943[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]314945[/ATTACH]

And lastly, youngest grandson's cowboy quilt started last year. He'll be 2 in May so he can enjoy it for a few years.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]314947[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]314948[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]314949[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]314950[/ATTACH]

It feels great to have these finished! Now to work on some for me that are years old! :D

Congrats on getting all three done.
I like the western one. The little guy will treasure that.
Also like the label quote on the music one.

SandyinZ4 02-24-2012 07:48 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I have to say that I loved the PHD acronym and all my UFO's will now be PHD's. :-) Will post a pic of a quilt that isn't totally mine but I did do a part. Our guild members each took a block from this kit called Quilters Garden..(Thimbleberries-Lynette Jensen)and made it up. then another member added the center pre-printed pieces and border. We sent it off to the LA quilter and then another member added the binding. Now we hope we can sell it so that we can have enough to put toward a quilt retreat for all of us.

oksewglad 02-24-2012 08:47 AM

Again, the question is asked? "How can these all be UFO's?" Everyone's done such a wonderful job, keep ringing the bell!