Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 111 112
Results 2,776 to 2,783 of 2783

Thread: On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

I started a new thread and it's in moderation awaiting approval.

Quote Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
    I was thinking, the colors Bonnie choose are so vibrant, that being tiny pieces, it could end up like Grand Illusion-- also lovely called Grand Chaos. There doesn't seem to be a color, other than the neutrals, that the eye can rest on and relax. But maybe that is just for me. I wonder how it would work with a soft brown/muted gold instead of the orange? Mysteries... we won't know until the reveal, lol!
    It made me think of Grand Illusion also, where the pink, gold and aqua were of similar value. But that didn't have very small pieces other than the sashing checkerboard.
    Last edited by joe'smom; 10-31-2018 at 11:01 AM. Reason: edit to add quote
    Lisa

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
    I've apparently asked incorrectly and been denied. Someone else's turn!
    who did you ask?
    i got no request for permission to host the related challenge.

i did get a weird, vague inquiry asking me to start a thread.
    1. i don't pay any attention to the BH Mystery quilts
    2. so had no information; and
    3. have no interest in "mentoring" a "follow-it-challenge".

if you want to host the 2018 version, review the announcement/procedures from the last one.
    send me a proper request for permission to host.
    unless somebody else beats you to it, i will grant you permission.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

for Newsletter or Digest issues, please contact [email protected]

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]

OK, folks, I posted a new thread for Good Fortune in this section but Patrice moved it to links. Then I discovered that Ibex94 had posted one earlier today but failed to let us know. Please use her thread: https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-...s-t300606.html. I've asked Patrice to delete mine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
    OK, folks, I posted a new thread for Good Fortune in this section but Patrice moved it to links. Then I discovered that Ibex94 had posted one earlier today but failed to let us know. Please use her thread: https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-...s-t300606.html. I've asked Patrice to delete mine.
    both posts were just information.
    neither officially starts anything.

I forgot that Mariposa asked a while back if she could host the 2018 challenge.
    watch that section for her announcement.

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]

So the thread isn't going to be in Challenges and Contests? Is it in links and resources because the mystery information is found on another website? I would never have thought to check that forum. I wonder how many people will think to look there. I hope people will not miss out on the thread because they don't notice it there! The more the merrier with Bonnie's mysteries.
    Lisa

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
    Your thread, as Patrice pointed out, is not written as a Challenge thread. Please take a look at other Challenge threads and note the specific information that is needed. We agree that a 'regular' Challenge thread should be started... Someone who is familiar with leading a challenge should start one... Maybe Mariposa as noted by PatriceJ?
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=joe'smom;8153089]So the thread isn't going to be in Challenges and Contests? /QUOTE]

Pay attention, People!

I have already said that Mariposa will host the 2018 challenge.
    I also said it would be posted in the challenges section.

since so many people are turning this thread into confusing, mishy-mashy gobbledy-goop about 2018, i will have to lock it.

Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 111 112