Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 96 of 98 FirstFirst ... 46 86 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2429

Thread: On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

I post pictures of what I do specifically to help give others ideas. And if someone likes and wants to copy - Go For It!

I get so many ideas from what others do and show too - that is why this board is where I spend so much time.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

I 'm still working slowly on my ORL quilt top nearly done, life has had many turns lately.
    I'm so envious of all the lovely finished quilts shown. I think we all need a good pat on the back for the wonderful work we have put forth.
    Kasey 1937 221-1 Featherweight, Red Eye Singer Treadle 66-1, 2 301's both long and short bed, 403, Free Number 5 Treadle, Jones hand crank Kenmore 158 19131, Viking Lilly 555

I am so impressed at the finished and nearly finished tops That have been posted recently! I’m still in turtle mode- now hav 40 blocks completed, but had to put it on hold in order to meet some deadlines...may get some more work done on it next month if things slow down around here.... I agree with what others have said about sharing ideas- that’s what I love about this board.

Rob
    Last edited by rryder; 02-12-2018 at 05:52 AM.
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158.1914/ 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s

Blog Entries
    Auntjo: Love it!
    Kalama: You did amazing
    CharmedinMO: Beautiful!
    Rob: You will get there.

Waltonalice: Since it is for personal use only (wedding gift) you can do what you like with whatever is out there. If you claim the idea as your own or resale with your name only, then that is a copyright infringement. Give credit where due and you are good to go. This applies to quilt shows as well. There are lots of kits being entered in the larger quilt shows that have to be stated where they originated from. If you put just your name on it as an original design, it will be disqualified and that is a copyright infringement. Just my two cents to the subject.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Hello all ... slow poke checking in.

Everyone's finishes look fantastic!!

I finished my re-design in EQ. Swapped the shaded 4 patch units for an aqua/brown/brown/neutral 4 patch. I'm in the process of making these now.

I did go ahead and put three blocks together with my 4 patch units to see how they look and I like the look. Still not sure what color I will use for the cornerstone in the chevron sashing.

Have not even thought about borders yet, but I doubt I will use the aqua borders. Thinking neutral strings ..... and then finishing it with another border around it to bring it to generous Queen.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

My Ringo

Finally finished! I thought On Ringo Lake was difficult and slow to put together, especially the sashing. It will be sent out to be long armed quilted with a pantograph.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Average quilter

Blog Entries
    Avgquilter, I like your piano key border. Beautiful quilt.

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    Avgquilter I like how you did the border the light color in the piano key border is nice and light feeling not heavy. Congratulations on getting the top together it looks beautiful!
    ​Christine

I love your ORL top, avgquilter. Your borders are absolutely lovely!
    Quilters do not make mistakes, only variations

avgquiltr, that border is really wonderful! Congratulations on finishing your top.
    Lisa

avgquiltr, love the piano key border. Congrats on finishing.
    We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves. Buddha

Blog Entries
    Very nice indeed avgquiltr.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Quote Originally Posted by avgquiltr View Post
    Finally finished! I thought On Ringo Lake was difficult and slow to put together, especially the sashing. It will be sent out to be long armed quilted with a pantograph.
    Such a lovely finish. I just love it. Another finish to debate if I want to copy. Thank-you for the share.

Fyi, this is VQW weekend.

Asheville, Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    Avgquiltr, beautiful quilt and wonderful border.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it difficult to plan the day.

Kris

Blog Entries
    Very lovely quilt top, avgquilter! Your colors are so soothing looking. And your borders are wonderful. Great job!

Leslie

Blog Entries
    Very nice. You finished!!!!! Great sense of accomplishment!

Avgquiltr: Congrats on your lovely finish!

Happylab: Thanks for the VQW reminder.

Connie

Oh, I forgot that this weekend is the VQW! I think I'm going to try to get to the point that I can finish putting all the blocks during the VQW. In other words, I'm starting today

Quote Originally Posted by avgquiltr View Post
    That's beautiful. I love the piano key border. Congratulations on getting it all put together!
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158.1914/ 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s

I finally have all the blocks sewn. It is now set aside for a bit - I have been in weaving mode and a vintage circular sock machine followed me home a couple of weeks ago:-) I do love playing with new toys and there has been a bit of a learning curve.

Name:  20180214_133233-800x600.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  197.8 KB

Name:  20180206_185329-800x600.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  165.1 KB
    Theresa -
    a weaver turned quilter
    Singer Lover: 1932 15-88, 1933 99k13 HC, 1950 221-1, 1950 201-2, 1952 301, 1955 99k28, 1959 401a
    https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...88-albums.html

Ah, so that's what you have been up to, Theresa! I wondered where you were Your ORL blocks are so pretty and coordinated. They are going to make a beautiful quilt.

A vintage sock machine! How cool is that? How does it work? Do you crank the handle to make the stitches? That looks like so many stitches, I guess you have to use pretty fine yarn? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just fascinated!

I just finished all my boom swap blocks yesterday, so now to put all that mess away (all the fabrics and audition fabric that didn't make it all the paper templates made for the blocks etc...) and hopefully get back to work on Ringo's Sister.
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Congratulations, tscweaves! I love your ORL and the sock machine.

Kassaundra: Congratulations on finishing your boom swap blocks.

Connie

Blog Entries
    Wow, avgquiltr...your BH mystery quilt is fabulous. Great job! I hope you will post another photo after it has been quilted...I always love a piano key border.

tcsweaves, your quilt is coming along wonderfully. I’m sure you will be delighted when it’s finished.
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

Quote Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
    Ah, so that's what you have been up to, Theresa! I wondered where you were Your ORL blocks are so pretty and coordinated. They are going to make a beautiful quilt.

A vintage sock machine! How cool is that? How does it work? Do you crank the handle to make the stitches? That looks like so many stitches, I guess you have to use pretty fine yarn? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just fascinated!
    Yes, you set up what is called a cast-on bonnet and just crank away. As with quilting and weaving, there is another language to learn:-) Hey, that means I am finally bilingual, I can speak weaving, basic quilting, and csm. LOL I have never understood knitting yarn sizes, but so far I have knit with sock yarn and 2 strands of 2/9 wool. The learning curve has been an interesting combination of fun and frustration, but I keep going back for more. I have also been playing on my latest sewing machine which is a Singer 99 handcrank. These vintage machine are just fascinating to me. They were such an amazing breakthrough in technology for the time and had to ease that huge burden of handwork on the average family. Just think of the wonder to be able to crank out a pair of socks in an hour or so verses handknitting them. Too cool
    Theresa -
    a weaver turned quilter
    Singer Lover: 1932 15-88, 1933 99k13 HC, 1950 221-1, 1950 201-2, 1952 301, 1955 99k28, 1959 401a
    https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...88-albums.html

Page 96 of 98 FirstFirst ... 46 86 95 96 97 ... LastLast