Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 1657

Thread: UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

  1. #251
    Super Member ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    3,613
    Blog Entries
    9
    I am so here!!

    I need to quilt a lot of tops that were made in 2011.
    I have already started quilting my Forest Bricks quilt. I hope to get it finished...binding and all...before the end of the month.
    It is a pattern from maryquilts.com.
    Will check in here each week.

    http://www.maryquilts.com/new-forest-bricks/


    Good Luck to all.
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

  2. #252
    Super Member Judith1005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    *where the sun almost always shines*
    Posts
    6,878
    Blog Entries
    9
    Pretty Quilt. That pattern looks like it has a lot of movement at frist glance. Thanks for sharing website. Can't wait to see yours finished.

    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I am so here!!

    I need to quilt a lot of tops that were made in 2011.
    I have already started quilting my Forest Bricks quilt. I hope to get it finished...binding and all...before the end of the month.
    It is a pattern from maryquilts.com.
    Will check in here each week.

    http://www.maryquilts.com/new-forest-bricks/


    Good Luck to all.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

  3. #253
    Super Member QuilterMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    6,057
    Blog Entries
    10
    Isn't that the point of moving forward, so we slip a little, life happens, just means we get to start again with the expectation of finishing. You can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by sonisew View Post
    I joined 2011 and slipped a little but did finish a few things. I will give 2012 a go and see how much I get finished.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

  4. #254
    Super Member Short an Sweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yale, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,838
    Blog Entries
    4
    next week whether my sewing room is finished getting organized or not, I will be starting on my UFO's. I will be starting my nieces cross applique lap quilt next week and my goal is to finish 1 set of place mats a week until they are done, I've got 10 sets of 4 that I started Thanksgiving 2010 for Christmas that year lol. will post pics as i go. 7 of the sets are the same and then 2 more r the same and then 1 is different.
    Live, Laugh & Love, for tomorrow may never come.
    Veronica

  5. #255
    Super Member Emma S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roseburg, OR
    Posts
    2,957
    Ranger: What a great quilt! My kids like the geometric look. I think this might be perfect for one of them. Thanks for the link. Good luck with finishing yours!

  6. #256
    Super Member SandyinZ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Southeast Idaho
    Posts
    3,150
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Short an Sweet View Post
    next week whether my sewing room is finished getting organized or not, I will be starting on my UFO's. I will be starting my nieces cross applique lap quilt next week and my goal is to finish 1 set of place mats a week until they are done, I've got 10 sets of 4 that I started Thanksgiving 2010 for Christmas that year lol. will post pics as i go. 7 of the sets are the same and then 2 more r the same and then 1 is different.
    Look forward to seeing your placemats as they get finished. :-) Will be rooting for you!
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

  7. #257
    Super Member wildyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY, north of Syracuse Area
    Posts
    5,567
    I am so frustrated that I can't sew yet due to my knee surgery. I was supposed to be all better by now but my knee is not cooperating. I see the doc tomorrow to try to find out what the problem is. It is making me crazy not to be working on my quilts and UFOs. I stocked up on cotton clothing and linens from the thrift store so I've been deconstructing them, but that doesn't compete with sewing on the quilts!
    ranger, ty for posting that web site! I love her quilts and will be turning several into UFOs for next year, lolol. Just kidding, I hope not to create any new UFOs. My goal is to always finish what I start from here on out. The forest bricks is a wonderful quilt.
    Linda Wedge White

    I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

  8. #258
    Super Member mimiknoxtaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Snellville, Ga & Hiawassee
    Posts
    1,978
    Quote Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
    I am so frustrated that I can't sew yet due to my knee surgery. I was supposed to be all better by now but my knee is not cooperating. I see the doc tomorrow to try to find out what the problem is. It is making me crazy not to be working on my quilts and UFOs. I stocked up on cotton clothing and linens from the thrift store so I've been deconstructing them, but that doesn't compete with sewing on the quilts!
    ranger, ty for posting that web site! I love her quilts and will be turning several into UFOs for next year, lolol. Just kidding, I hope not to create any new UFOs. My goal is to always finish what I start from here on out. The forest bricks is a wonderful quilt.
    Wildyard, So sorry to hear you're unable to quilt. Hang in there. Just remember all the UFOs you got done last year!

  9. #259
    Super Member Emma S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roseburg, OR
    Posts
    2,957
    Wildyard: So sorry about your knee! I can imagine the frustration. Hope the Doc can help.

  10. #260
    Super Member DebraK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    9,193
    Second Jan 2012 ufo finish. Purple, blue, and green half log cabin.
    I used the instructions from maryquilts.com.
    front

    back
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

  11. #261
    Super Member Emma S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roseburg, OR
    Posts
    2,957
    Debra: Absolutely beautiful! How did something that gorgeous ever become a UFO.

  12. #262
    Super Member DebraK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    9,193
    lol, I wish I had a good answer ;-) I get distracted. Thank you.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

  13. #263
    Super Member annesthreads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Yorkshire UK
    Posts
    1,095
    Quote Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
    Second Jan 2012 ufo finish. Purple, blue, and green half log cabin.
    I used the instructions from maryquilts.com.
    What a lovely quilt. Love your colours.

  14. #264
    Super Member annesthreads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Yorkshire UK
    Posts
    1,095
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I am so here!!

    I need to quilt a lot of tops that were made in 2011.
    I have already started quilting my Forest Bricks quilt. I hope to get it finished...binding and all...before the end of the month.
    It is a pattern from maryquilts.com.
    Will check in here each week.

    http://www.maryquilts.com/new-forest-bricks/


    Good Luck to all.
    Two of you have posted mentions of Maryquilts, so I've just had a look at the site - some nice patterns there.

  15. #265
    Super Member QuilterMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    6,057
    Blog Entries
    10
    Ok, how come I am getting side tracked onto other bunny trails when i need to be finishing something? Anyone else?
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

  16. #266
    Super Member pollyjvan9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    3,026
    Blog Entries
    1
    Still haven't completed a UFO. Only need to quilt one border and bind Bird Haven. I have sandwiched another quilt - Graceful Baltimore. These are 2 of the BOMs I started last January.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  17. #267
    Junior Member Natalie17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northern Georgia. From Illinois
    Posts
    107

    Sunn Bonnet Sue

    Name:  IMGP1645.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  508.2 KBName:  IMGP1645.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  508.2 KBName:  IMGP1645.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  508.2 KBI am with you on finishing UFO'S. I am trying to post my first one but having a difficult time doing it. Now I have 3 pictures of it .LOL Anyway, these blocks were in my UFO box for 3-4 years. I practiced hand applique on them .

  18. #268
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    18
    Yeah!!! I finally got it to work. Thanks to the wonderful computer teacher at my Junior High! Thank you Allen! This is a little larger than lap size raggedy quilt made from scraps that I have save from other projects. I love sewing them but hate the clipping part but Yahoo for me!! It's done.Name:  quilting board 001a.JPG
Views: 365
Size:  124.5 KBName:  quilting board 002a.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  139.5 KBName:  quilting board 003a.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  170.9 KB

  19. #269
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    18
    Project 2 is a quilt as you go also out of scraps! This one is full sized and is a late graduation present for the daughter of a friend. She is so excited to get it but she has to wait till next weekend. I'm going to take it and show it off at my guild meeting. Nothing fancy but it will be a good drag along for a college student, no muss no fuss. Name:  quilting board 004a.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  121.9 KBName:  quilting board 005a.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  161.8 KBName:  quilting board 006a.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  157.8 KB

  20. #270
    Power Poster oksewglad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Between the dashes of a tombstone
    Posts
    10,228
    Blog Entries
    1
    What fun to see more UFO's disappear into thin air!!!
    CQLady, do I see a D9Patch in your QAYG? Your friend has a great dorm quilt!
    I envy those who like to applique--the birds are so soft looking and the SSue's is so clever in seasonal motifs.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

  21. #271
    Super Member Emma S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roseburg, OR
    Posts
    2,957
    Natalie and Polly: Haven't taken the applique plunge yet, not that I don't want to. Love how unique both of your quilts turned out.
    Crazy: Love your rag quilt. I have so much flannel just waiting for this technique. Your other quilt is just lovely I especially like the thin sashing. Proof positive that batik can be mixed with other prints to good effect.
    Quilter Momma: Does the first part of my reply answer your question? I will not start another project, I will..............! This thread was really helping me stay on task until all the great quilts started to show up.

  22. #272
    Super Member wildyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY, north of Syracuse Area
    Posts
    5,567
    I really like your quilts CrazyQuiltLady! That is one of the nicest QAYGs I've seen. I really love it. Is it a D9P that you treated each quarter as a seperate unit? I also like your raggy quilt but there is no way I can cut those little snips. I'd be down for a month after doing that. LOLOL
    Linda Wedge White

    I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

  23. #273
    Super Member annesthreads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Yorkshire UK
    Posts
    1,095
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQuiltLady View Post
    Project 2 is a quilt as you go also out of scraps! This one is full sized and is a late graduation present for the daughter of a friend. She is so excited to get it but she has to wait till next weekend. I'm going to take it and show it off at my guild meeting. Nothing fancy but it will be a good drag along for a college student, no muss no fuss.
    Absolutely love your quilts - congratulations.

  24. #274
    Super Member annesthreads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Yorkshire UK
    Posts
    1,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
    Natalie and Polly: I will not start another project, I will..............! This thread was really helping me stay on task until all the great quilts started to show up.
    Oh dear, I feel the same. The UFO Challenge could result in more UFOs as I get inspired by all the wonderful quilts on here!

  25. #275
    Super Member annesthreads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Yorkshire UK
    Posts
    1,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalie17 View Post
    I am with you on finishing UFO'S. I am trying to post my first one but having a difficult time doing it. Now I have 3 pictures of it .LOL Anyway, these blocks were in my UFO box for 3-4 years. I practiced hand applique on them .
    I'm deeply impressed - have only tried applique once, and at the moment have little desire to try again!

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.