Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Ok, I am cheating just a bit since it isn't 2012 yet, but honestly I didn't think I would get this finished in 2011...I figured this would be my January post but TA-DA! This is the needlepoint Christmas stocking that I started this summer for my tiny baby grandson Rainn who was born in July at 1 pound 4 ounces. It was very scary for all of us and there are quite a few tears sewn into this as well, but he is doing AWESOME, is 5 months old and now weighs over 7 pounds...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sherry

"Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be." Abraham Lincoln

You've made me cry! (not difficult at Christmas). Exquisite - both Rainn and the stocking! Wishing you a very happy Christmas as you celebrate with your miracle grandson xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Sherryquilts View Post
    Ok, I am cheating just a bit since it isn't 2012 yet, but honestly I didn't think I would get this finished in 2011...I figured this would be my January post but TA-DA! This is the needlepoint Christmas stocking that I started this summer for my tiny baby grandson Rainn who was born in July at 1 pound 4 ounces. It was very scary for all of us and there are quite a few tears sewn into this as well, but he is doing AWESOME, is 5 months old and now weighs over 7 pounds...
    Way to go!!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I'm interested in this challenge. I have a lot of UFO's. Please count me in.

Okay, my sister has been begging me for a year! to finish a quilt my mother started! Mom's been gone since 1986. TOMORROW it goes on the long arm frame! I hereby promise to not even look at this board until it's on the frame!
    Cosy
    A Thing of Beauty is a Joy Forever
    http://www.cosyquilt.com

Blog Entries
    Nice job Sherry and congratulations!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Blog Entries
    Congratulations - your grandson is so alert and must be the delight of everyone. I love his stocking, what a lovely way to celebrate the holiday season - new grandson, new stocking. Life must be good. See you in the new year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherryquilts View Post
    Murphy1
    For our wonderful Golden Retriever adopted in March of 2010.

I'm in! First thing I guess I should finish is the tote bag my sister should have gotten for Christmas but didn't. Then I've got a Christmas wall hanging that I started for my own but that didn't get finished because Christmas gifts took precedence. I've got a couple of flannel receiving blankets to complete by the end of January for a baby shower too. There's a few to get me started and then I'll look into my piles and see what else I can finish.
    Ginny B

I'm in! I want to end the questions like, "Mom what ever happened to that great ....(insert description) you were working on?" I am doing the mystery Orca Bay quilt but maybe if I start with the closest to done ones I can keep to the schedule. Even if I only complete one with you guys as inspiration its better than none.

I am game! Thanks for the shove. LOL
    SewMomma66 - Janome 7700 named Lucy, Pfaff Creative Vision 5.5 named Ethyl, Babylock serger named Fred, and Janome 9500 named Ricky.

Sherry that stocking is sooo cute, I love the pom pom on the hat. But, I have to say that Rainn is even cuter.
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Blog Entries
    Count me in too. Just off the top of my head I can count a log cabin/lone star combination, a snow white quite, a grape vine wall hanging. a cross stitched quilt, and a couple of other quilts. If I really starts looking into the different totes, I would scare myself with what I would actually find in the way of UFO's.

Donna
    Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
    I'm in! I want to end the questions like, "Mom what ever happened to that great ....(insert description) you were working on?" I am doing the mystery Orca Bay quilt but maybe if I start with the closest to done ones I can keep to the schedule. Even if I only complete one with you guys as inspiration its better than none.
    You go, girl!! We'll be your inspiration! Or your task-masters?
    I need it too. And I think starting with the closest-to-done ones will be my best bet, too. I give you permission to ask me how I'm doing on my UFOs! -Ann

I love deadlines! Thanks for this "contest"I have three landscape quilts in various stages. One of which I'll try to finish and post the results!

Blog Entries
    well, I finished two this month and gave them as gifts and forgot to take pictures
    but I am ready for January, I'm cleaning up the sewing room this week and next week I will start sewing on those UFO's
    Live, Laugh & Love, for tomorrow may never come.
    Veronica

Blog Entries
    Well, I am up to 14 UFO's, they are like gremlins, they multiply. I also realize that somewhere along the yellow quilting road I collected 27 quilt kits!!! My 2012 goal is to shop from stash. And start on those quilt kits. I hope the economy doesn't collapse without me shopping.
    Quote Originally Posted by nhweaver View Post
    I am up for the UFO 2012. Do we sign up somewhere. I think I have 10 UFOs, 3 of them are hand pieced and quilted, so they will take much longer.
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

I finally finished my DGD's fleece blanket. It was supposed to be for her B-day
    Here's the thread about why I had a hard time with this.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...t-t138366.html
    Name:  Kairi's fleece back.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  64.4 KB
    Back
    Name:  Kairi's Fleece blanket front.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  58.5 KB
    Front
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Almost Jan. Yikes! I got started on rearranging my sewing area & have a 3" binder now full of patterns that I have printed off with dreams of doing on that elusive 'someday'. Next is deciding which of the UFO's to do first. Wish me luck. Happy New Year!
    Every day's a blessing.

Blog Entries
    Well I spent the last two days organizing my fabric. I have two more projects to complete before the new year then I will tackle my first UFO. I promised my daughter it would be my first to work on in the new year. Little more organization and I am ready to go.
    Murphy1
    For our wonderful Golden Retriever adopted in March of 2010.

Blog Entries
    well I dug out one of those UFOs I started on a BOM with the LQS and was astonished at myself. Why did I not finish it? I have the blocks done because you had to to get the next month's then I found that I had all the applique pieces cut out and ready to apply and the center already sewed down. Then I realized why I quit, I hit a snag on the borders. They want you to frame the outside borders then put your applique peices on, then sew to the center when done. Now there is no way i am going to do that. So last night I decided that I was going to finish this my way. I now have the borders sewn on the center, all the blocks assembled and now to do the applique. I have to remember how to do the vines for the applique. I may have changed this pattern if I was really wanting to add to it, but I do have my own longarm and quilting in the big 80" x 9.5 space will be a fun challenge. That is where the work will be. Hope to post a photo at the beginning of the new year when it is done. And yes, to get it completely done, I am going to sew the border down with my sewing machine. The only thing that may change this is if the quilting is so stunning that I have to put it in a show, then i will do by hand which may take me all of six months to do. (LOL)
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Where do I sign up? I want to do this. I don't know how many I will get done but I need this challenge to keep me focused. I am going to go down to my sewing area right now and start making a list.

Blog Entries
    Count me in! I worked on quite a few UFOs in 2011 and need this challenge to keep me going.

Blog Entries
    There is no way I could do one UFO a month. Maybe one a year, lol. I have a millenium quilt project that I started in the year 2000 after the sudden craze for "2000" everything including fabric. I did manage to complete a fancy millenium dress. I completed exactly six blocks of the quilt project. So I will drag this out after completing all my WIPs.

I have a couple just waiting for the long cold winter and time on the couch to handquilt them. I am in, if you are still accepting entries. And if you aren't - I'm likely to try to finish them anyway! Just a few days ago (read - before Christmas) I managed to finish a little cross stitch that I had started for my daughter many, many moons ago. Found it while looking for something else. And gifted it to her son for the nursery. That was really rewarding!

Blog Entries
    Ok... I got my first one for January finished a few days early. Had all these extra blocks sitting around and wanted to practice the 10 minute block. I just machine quilted it and used some leftover flannel for back and binding. I used one of my kids (read 37 years ago) old baby blankets (freshly washed) for the batting. Now I just need to find a litle baby or small one to give it to.I won't do the one a month thing either but every UFO I finish is one more useful thing instead of a bunch of fabric. :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 55 ... LastLast