Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12 52 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1657

Thread: UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Blog Entries
    Love it asimplelife!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Oh, asimplelife, Do ya need my addy? Blue is my favorite color.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    That is pretty asimplelife. I love it.

I did finish some this weekend but no pictures yet. Will get on that. Working on an applique quilt for someone right now and it is looking nice, at least in my mind's eye it is.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Thanks everyone for your nice compliments! I finished this Warm Wishes quilt last night which I'm calling Two by Two because of the animal novelty print. It will be donated to Project Linus. This is my 6th UFO finish this month... only 88 to go. Yes, I have a major UFO invasion at my house! You'll be getting sick of me soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I better get the lead out if I am going to keep up with you asimplelife. You are doing such nice work. Love that two by two. Did finish piecing the backing on the Buffalo Bill quilt and then pieced together the embroidery ladies this am. Since I can't go to my quilt group tonight, I will be quilting them up so I have two more finishes which will put me at 8 for the month. Then to see what can do to finish up two more. If I did not have to go to work, would finish up the two baby quilts that still need pieced.

Blog Entries
    asimplelife, nice finishes. I love the two by two. So cherry. Keep em' coming and we'll keep ringing the bell for all your finishes.

Nice job keeping up with your goals QM. Always enjoy seeing your beautiful quilting. You definitely have a talent. Your quilting always enhance your quilt designs. (Or at least I think so.) Quilting is always my least favorite part of quilting. But, I have been working with that and hope to have a few more finishes. The year is definitely getting away from me.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

We never get tired of seeing finishes. If we can't ring the bell and toot the horn for ourselves, we are still happy to do it for everyone else. Hugsssss and smilessssss!!!!!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Blog Entries
    I will post them hopefully tonight. Been so busy scurring to get things done. Working on craft show items to sell since the candy bars for choir did not show up for it. I am finishing bindings. thank goodness I am using the machine to sew them on otherwise would not sleep at all and fingers would be raw by the time I am done with 8 of them. I have one more quilt to photo but can't because daughter has been home sick and in the evening when I am home she is in family room watching tv where I am and it is her birthday surprise. shocked she has not asked about the binding in her fabric that is hanging on the design wall so i don't loose it. If I would have been thinking clearly on Sunday (pain meds working) I would have left enough of the minkee fabric on the bottom so then I could just fold that over and use it for the binding. To late now. I do have 8 finishes this month. If I can get the covers on the ornaments, that will be 9. If you count the extra quilt I did for someone, that would be a total of 10 with those two things. But sadly one is not a ufo, just a favor for the Quilts for Quitlers swap.

Blog Entries
    Here is one finish, they others are on the camera and not my phone. Did not get home till late last night from work so did not get them uploaded on computer.
    Used this one for the wall hanging swap. All should join in that, will help you get a ufo done.
    Name:  quilted old ladies.JPG
Views: 140
Size:  184.6 KB

That is so cute QuilterMomma! I really should pull out my cross stitch bin and use some of them in wall hangings as it seems I'm never going to get them properly framed. It would be much less expensive too.

That's soooo cute.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    It surprised me how wonderful it looks with those fabrics. Just think, then you can just fold it and put it away when tired of looking at it and then take it out again and not worry if the glass broke during storage. (ooo a funny)

Here is Pink, White & Black Strings which is UFO Finish #7 for me. The blocks are from an online swap several years ago. I used fleece as a one step batting & backing and folded it over for binding too. It was challenging doing the binding since fleece is so stretchy, but it looks nice and should hold up well (zigzag stitch) as a donation to Project Linus. I learned that this is as big as I can quilt on my 10 year old Pfaff, at 48" by 72" it was a real wrestling match.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asimplelife View Post
    Here is Pink, White & Black Strings which is UFO Finish #7 for me. The blocks are from an online swap several years ago.
    Oh give me that beautiful thing!! He he Love the pink and black. High 5 on the finish.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski

Oooo! That looks so comfortin'! Who ever gits it will love it.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    love it!!!

Blog Entries
    Love all the latest postings and the pink, black and white strings is especially nice. Yea!! to all of you who have finished UFO's.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Blog Entries

Scrappy Star for Charisma

Ladies...I finished something!

Charisma sent a box of scraps my way in March of this year...piece something scrappy in trade for quilting a top of the same size for me. I cut 2.5" squares and sewed, cut and sewed. Then what? I stalled.

QuilterMamma posted a beautiful log cabin star months ago...just when I was stalled with putting these scrappy triangles together. Last night I finished Charisma's scrappy star.

Thanks Charisma for the challenge and QuilterMamma for getting the juices flowing again. This is my first scrappy and it was great fun.

(posting in several locations)
    Fraew

What a great challenge, & how well ya stepped up ta the plate. It's beautiful!
    Bev

Blog Entries
    asimplelife, I LOVE your pink and black strings. It is awesome. I'm sure there is going to be one happy child/tween/teen who is just going to treasure it.

Fraew, very nice scrappy star. WOW, such little squares. Great finish.

Ring the bells Ladies!!! Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    Good Job ladies...I have a month and half to finish mine....I found my book which was missing and hidden in one of my fabric closets so now I have no excuse...except I am in the middle of another quilt at the moment.

Blog Entries
    That is awesome Fraew. Now I can use my little scraps for such a beautiful setting. I am so thrilled with the results. Wow!

Your scrappy star is gorgeous Fraew! Love that layout.

Blog Entries
    Finally, I got the photos uploaded. Here are some finishes from October you may have or finally get to see.

Way ta go QM! Ring the bells & sing the song! Those are just too beautiful!
    Bev

Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12 52 61 62 63 ... LastLast