Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Best Pork Chops >

Best Pork Chops

Best Pork Chops

Old 02-07-2022, 01:41 PM

Default Best Pork Chops

Pork Chops were on sale a couple of weeks ago. I originally bought a package to feed it to the dogs as a special treat. I cook the pork up with some broth and pour over their kibbles...happy dogs! There were a couple of chops left over, so I thought that I'd cook up for the DH and I. I hadn't cooked pork chops since I don't know when, so I looked up some recipes online. I used this recipe: https://www.thespruceeats.com/perfec...-recipe-995281 . OMG! It was so good! The chops were really juicy and tender. The secret is to only cook them part way on the stove top and then move them into the oven to finish off. Also, make sure to use an extremely hot, cast iron pan. The recipe gives you all of the details.
Old 02-07-2022, 04:05 PM

We rarely buy pork, unless it is ground. Cannot remember the last time we had pork chops. Once in a blue moon we'll do a pork tenderloin. My mom used to make the best stuffed pork chops. Now you've piqued my taste buds!
Old 02-07-2022, 04:44 PM
Power Poster

My families favourite method for pork chops is breaded. I wisk up an egg, dip the raw pork chop into the egg to coat and then bread them with fine bread crumbs. I fry them until both sides are golden brown and then finish the cooking in the oven. Moist and juicy every time.
Old 02-07-2022, 06:01 PM

I love pork chops and this sounds great, thank you for sharing
Old 02-07-2022, 07:37 PM

My son in law thinks these pork chops are to die for:

Heat 2 Tblsp oil in electric fry pan (mine is stainless steel).
Roll 4 pork chops (1” with bone in) in flour seasoned with salt & pepper & brown on both sides in heated pan.
In small bowl mix sauce made from 1 can cream of mushroom or chicken soup with 2 Tblsp Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 cup ketchup.
Put browned chops in oven dish. Add a a sliced onion. When fry pan is unplugged, add sauce & 1 or 2 Tblsp wine. When mixed & pan is deglazed then pour contents over chops. Cover and bake for hour at 325. This makes its own gravy so the sauce can be doubled.
Old 02-08-2022, 04:20 AM

Thanks for the post Tropit. Pork chops are always a challenge…I love the recipes from The Spruce Eats. I also follow Damn Delicious and Half Baked Harvest.
Old 02-08-2022, 04:27 AM

That is the method I use for chops. Tender and juicy every time In the old days, they would be cooked to d*eath. I have a temperature probe and check them.
Old 02-08-2022, 05:05 AM
Power Poster

I use to dread cooking pork chops. We liked them fried. Now I bread season and cook in airfryer. The are tender and juicy. My husband approved and he is the pork chop eater. I prefer pork steak and bacon.
Old 02-08-2022, 09:59 AM

Makes my mouth water and Maybe tomorrow I will pull some out of the freezer and put them in the slow cooker with a mushroom sauce and make that for dinner. You have peaked my interest.
Old 02-10-2022, 03:32 PM

Thanks everyone...I never thought to cook pork chops this way...half in the frying pan, half in the oven. Omelets yes, but not chops. I think that there's probably a lot of other things that can be cooked this way..