Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
creative isolation recipes >

creative isolation recipes

creative isolation recipes

Old 03-23-2020, 09:20 AM

i agree with everything iceblossom says.

speaking of canned foods...i love noshing on a sunday afternoon...or anytime really. doing a spread with canned foods s/a smoked oysters, anchovies, artichoke hearts, hearts of palm, olives, marinated mushrooms, etc., along with some fresh, or dried fruit, some cut up veggies and a big stack of fancy crackers, or homemade flatbread..oh and a nice glass of pinot. (personally, i consider pinot noir a survival food.) i'd be set for the day.

~ c
Old 03-23-2020, 06:13 PM

This I saw on FB today. Use a muffin mix in an envelope by Martha White (I think thatís her name) to make pancakes. 2/3 cup milk and 1 egg. The mix comes in great flavors to try for pancakes. Banana, chocolate, chocolate chip etc. makes about 7 pancakes - kids will like them for sure.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:47 AM

Iceblossom,

Sweet memories of the fried corn-mush with syrup. We used to make that and never called it polenta. LOL.

I just put beef short ribs in the crock pot to cook today. We'll have noodles or mashed potatoes with them tonight. I've never made them so trying something new. Slim pickings at the grocer yesterday.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
if you are unable to buy eggs in the store, you can make an egg-replacement to use in baking. i make it with a tablespoon of either ground flax, or chia seeds, mixed with a couple of tablespoons of water and left to sit for a few minutes. it works great for things like quick breads, cookies, even cakes...anything that uses eggs for a binder. here's a list of other egg-replacers and other applications that you might want to consider:
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...tutes#section4

~ c
The other day at Fred Meyer I bought 2 dozen "mis-matched"eggs. They take the cartons that have broken or cracked shells and put them in new cartons labeled saying they are mixed. There were about 5 dozen on the shelf, I bought 2, Didn't see the need to be greedy.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda K View Post
Iceblossom,

Sweet memories of the fried corn-mush with syrup. We used to make that and never called it polenta. LOL.

I just put beef short ribs in the crock pot to cook today. We'll have noodles or mashed potatoes with them tonight. I've never made them so trying something new. Slim pickings at the grocer yesterday.
yup...me too. my grandmother made it with cooked, ground sausage and we called it, "scrapple."

~ c