Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Good Spinach Bacon Quiche Recipe >

Good Spinach Bacon Quiche Recipe

Good Spinach Bacon Quiche Recipe

Old 08-25-2012, 04:28 AM

Default Good Spinach Bacon Quiche Recipe

This has always been a hit whenever I take it to functions.

6 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
salt and pepper
2 cups FINELY chopped fresh baby spinach, packed
1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
1 - 9" refrigerated pie crust, placed in glass pie plate

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper. Layer the spinach, bacon, and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture on top. Bake for 35 - 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set. Cut into 8 wedges.

A friend made it and said it didn't turn out as well as mine. I think the trick is to make sure you are finely chopping the spinach and crumbling the bacon into relatively small pieces (smaller than bite size). Yes, it takes time but I think it's worth it. I try to do this in a two step/two day process. You can easily get the bacon cooked and crumbled a day ahead of time. Then the day you need this you can devote your time to cutting the spinach. I like to use kitchen scissors but you might do just as well with a knife and chopping it-just no big pieces! My kitchen scissors are really just regular office supply scissors but I've labeled them "food" and only use them in the kitchen. They work better than the scissors I've had from kitchen supplies in the stores.

Enjoy.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:52 AM

Sounds delicious and I hope to try it soon. Not turning on my oven today...supposed to be about 90...but next week sounds cooler...and I have been wanting to make a quiche. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Old 08-25-2012, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by patchsamkim View Post
Sounds delicious and I hope to try it soon. Not turning on my oven today...supposed to be about 90...but next week sounds cooler...and I have been wanting to make a quiche. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
You are welcome. Hope it turns out well for you.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:33 AM

I love a good quiche. A restaurant near here makes wonderful ones. I'm going to try yours, maybe add some broccoli to it too.

also, an easy way to make a large quantity of bacon: lay it out on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake in the oven. Stays flat and crisps nicely. you could do the bacon like this while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.

Last edited by bakermom; 08-26-2012 at 07:35 AM. Reason: added info
Old 08-26-2012, 01:59 PM

MmmmMmmmm! That sounds some kinda good!
Old 09-08-2012, 01:18 PM

Super recipe! Made it today and wow is it wonderful. Took some over to neighbor and she called back to say thanks and to ask for the recipe. I didn't have a glass pie dish so I used as is - frozen in the tin pan. It overflowed in the oven - now I get to clean the oven- but I think it was because the only eggs I had were Jumbo (from a local farm and they are huge). I used applewood smoked bacon from Wally World -cut down to 12 oz though and it is the BEST quiche I have ever had. Thank you for posting.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:53 AM

This sounds soooo good. Going to try it when I get some more baby spinach which I love to put in salads. Hope my hubby likes it to - he is a meat and potatoes man!! Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by AUQuilter View Post
Super recipe! Made it today and wow is it wonderful. Took some over to neighbor and she called back to say thanks and to ask for the recipe. I didn't have a glass pie dish so I used as is - frozen in the tin pan. It overflowed in the oven - now I get to clean the oven- but I think it was because the only eggs I had were Jumbo (from a local farm and they are huge). I used applewood smoked bacon from Wally World -cut down to 12 oz though and it is the BEST quiche I have ever had. Thank you for posting.
You are very welcome. Sorry about the mess in the oven!
Old 09-11-2012, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine View Post
This sounds soooo good. Going to try it when I get some more baby spinach which I love to put in salads. Hope my hubby likes it to - he is a meat and potatoes man!! Thanks for sharing your recipe.
My husband is meat and potatoes, too! If you take it to a function with 'the ladies' you'll be lucky to bring home a slice to have as leftovers. LOL
Old 09-11-2012, 04:04 PM

Default quiche cleanup

Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
You are very welcome. Sorry about the mess in the oven!

The cleanup was easy as it came out in a clump and didn't stick to the bottom of the oven. Then I decided to clean the oven so in all, the quiche was great and now the oven is clean.