Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
My new grilled cheese >

My new grilled cheese

My new grilled cheese

Old 02-12-2017, 12:31 PM

Two slices of reuben rye bread...a slice of Meunster cheese...a slice of Colbyjack cheese...thinly sliced tomato...thinly sliced sweet onion...a shake of Italian Seasoning. Butter and grill until crispy. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Old 02-12-2017, 12:53 PM

I have even put pickles and onions on my grilled cheese along with several types of cheese. I spread mayonnaise on the outside.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:54 PM

Love to add a thin layer of cream cheese to mine with whatever else I have, generally cheddar. Yummy.

Also very thin slices of pear with cheddar or Colby grilled is really good!
Old 02-12-2017, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
Crunchy, melty, cheesy, divine!! Something about the bread choice gave it a very slight tang and the flavor of the cheeses was different than the usual American or cheddar. I had Kroger brand Creamy Tomato Soup with it, too. https://www.kroger.com/topic/soups

Wonderful on one of our still chilly days! My new favorite grilled cheese sammie!

Jan in VA
artisan sourdough bread, muenster & havartie cheese!! wow! what's not to love here? ..and i love creamy tomatoe soup with my grilled cheese! perfect dinner
Old 02-13-2017, 12:31 AM

I like to grill a thin slice of tomato and red onion to my Gruyere cheese sandwich. Yum!
Old 02-13-2017, 04:44 AM

Two slices of Swiss or Baby Swiss on any kind of bread, pan grilled. Don't mess with it any other way. I think I know what's for lunch!
Old 02-13-2017, 07:18 AM

I take grilled cheese sammies to quilting with me. I get it already and then wrap it in tin foil.as lunch time nears I will iron my sandwich..don't lay the iron on heavy but just let it sit on top then turn over and "toast" the other side..........yummm
Old 02-13-2017, 08:04 AM

I've tried mayo and butter and thought
Why not hidden valley ranch and other dressings...YUM!
Old 02-13-2017, 09:20 AM

Does anyone remember a show called Ham on the Street when the Food network first became popular? One of the episodes was about making a variety of grilled cheese sandwiches and asking people on the street to try them. One of the most popular sandwiches had strawberry jam and Havarti cheese! I don't remember what kind of bread they used, but I tried it with whole wheat bread and it was very messy but very delicious! (And very fattening!)
Old 02-13-2017, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
For lunch, I made my grilled cheese sandwich with two different cheeses the other day and absolutely loved it!

I had artisan sourdough bread and sliced Muenster and Havarti cheese from Kroger, so I used 2 slices of cheese plain on the bread, spread it outside with softened butter, and grilled it on my flat iron skillet.

Crunchy, melty, cheesy, divine!! Something about the bread choice gave it a very slight tang and the flavor of the cheeses was different than the usual American or cheddar. I had Kroger brand Creamy Tomato Soup with it, too. https://www.kroger.com/topic/soups

Wonderful on one of our still chilly days! My new favorite grilled cheese sammie!

Jan in VA
Thought you might like to know, I told my husband about your new grilled cheese. He tried with the Muenster and Havarti cheeses with artisan french bread. He liked it a lot.....Thanks for the post.