Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Need help with Toaster Oven >

Need help with Toaster Oven

Need help with Toaster Oven

Old 04-10-2021, 10:28 AM

Ohhhh, i like that one too. Just gave info to my son. It has to cook pizza's. I think this one does. family size it says.
Old 04-10-2021, 12:14 PM

Mine says it cooks a 12" pizza but I found out you need to rotate the pizza while it is cooking. Or else the part in the back is undercooked. Mine also has "convection" but I am not sure what that does and I haven't used it.
Old 04-10-2021, 12:43 PM

ha. my regular oven has that and I"ve never used it.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:43 PM

Convection makes baking go quicker and better. My toaster/convection oven always uses it unless I click it off - which I dint because I never think about doing it🤭🤭🤭😮😮. Mine ( Breville) will do a 12” pizza. It wasn’t cheap but I’m very happy with it, especially compared with the regular toaster oven I had previously which didn’t cook well at all - very uneven. It was and still is a Krup.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 04-11-2021, 05:24 AM
Power Poster

You're so right about pizza! I put some in the microwave and - soft and soggy ugh!!
Old 04-11-2021, 07:34 AM

Default Air flow

My mother in law went through 3 toaster ovens in a very short time period. She used all the time. I had to find out why her toaster ovens kept burning out. Here is what I found. She used bakeware that was to big. Meaning it fit in her toaster oven but it didn't allow for airflow. Your bakeware should not touch the oven walls. When we replaced her bakeware with toaster oven size bakeware it fixed the problem.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:05 AM

OH my, well at least it was figured out! I got the Oster one and my son fixed egg rolls and a small pizza just fine. today i did some Texas Toast in it. quick and easy. better than the microwave. it's just hard to get the small tray out with a potholder, for me anyway.
Old 04-12-2021, 01:06 PM
Power Poster

I have a Hamilton Beach toaster oven. About 10 or more years old, works wonderfully. I heat up pizza, cook frenchfries, hamburger, pork, chicken patties in it. I cook frozen fish in it, just about everything I can think of. It came with a shallow baking pan, that I line with non stick tin foil. Nothing has ever caught fire in it. It bakes, broils and toast. I can broil/toast, bake/toast at the same time. I think I paid nomore than 30.00 or 40.00 for it.

I use my gas oven when cooking larger amount, cookies etc. Very cheap to use.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:20 PM

For reheating pizza I use my frypan on low heat. Cover and heat gently till the cheese gets nice and melty again. Low heat so the crust doesn't burn.
I have only a small kitchen and limited counter space and don't have room for an air fryer or toaster oven etc. And crowded counter tops give me the hebbie jeevies.