Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Nespresso, or K-Cups?

Nespresso, or K-Cups?

Are you a Nespresso, or K-Cup fan? Personally, I love our Nespresso Machine. I make regular, drip coffee in the morning and then have a beautiful cup (or 2) of espresso from the Nespresso macine later in the day. Honestly, I think that I should just get rid of the drip machine. I love the Nespresso made coffee so much more. My favorite brand of Nespresso pods is Lavazza.

Finding the pods for the machine can sometimes be a challenge though. The K-cups have been taking over the market, but I can still find the Nespresso pods online at Walmart. I've never tried a K-cup coffee. What's your take on the K-Pods?

~ C

Blog Entries
    I do not drink coffee, but I have a friend who has a Keurig machine. She only buys the pods on a sale, but has a reusable pod that she uses most of the time.

Dad has a Keurig, I do not think he notices the quility of coffee. He puts in loads of sweetener and powdered milk. Although he did complain about his machine earlier this year. I gave it a thorough cleaning and ran vinegar through it a couple times and he is happy again.

There are loads of Nespresso pads available on Amazon.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

I haven't tried Nespresso, but I have a Hamilton Beach K-cup maker. After trying the Keurigs, I think the Hamilton Beach makes a richer cup of coffee. I even got to do a pre-market home test of one of the newest Keurigs (the one with the milk frother) and was happy to return to my Hamilton Beach.

We typically brew regular coffee because we like that better than anything. However, if we want a decaf cup or we just didn't get enough with the regular pot, we make an extra cup in the K-cup maker. We also like to travel with it, because it makes a better cup than the best hotel coffee.

We buy our pods at Costco or at the grocery store when they have their typical end of year sales. It's definitely more expensive to use pods of any kind, but oh so very convenient.
    Nobody ever went wrong with kindness.

Blog Entries
    I am probably one of the only persons that do not like the K-cup. I have not tried the Nespresso machine. I like to fill my very large mug and warm it from time to time I make an 8 cup pot early in the morning and nurse it along thru mid morning.

Blog Entries
    I don’t like the pods for the waste they generate. I have a single serve drip coffee maker that serves me well since I’m the only coffee drinker in the house.

I prefer the Nespresso simply because I can recycle the pods since they are made from aluminum and I think the coffee tastes better imho.
    Lisa

French press all the way baby!!

I am a Keurig person. Since I do not care for flavored coffee and only drink one, maybe 2 cups a day it has been wonderful. Before that I did use the 4 cup coffee maker and when it died I got the Keurig as a Christmas gift. The Nespresso looks interesting but while my Keurig works no reason to consider changing. I do like using the personal cup when I have the Starbucks Christmas Blend. My daughter has the new slim Keurig - she doesn't drink coffee but does like the Hot Chocolate and when she has guests she can offer coffee. (I have some of my favorite coffee at her place so I can have a cup while visiting.)

Blog Entries
    I'd go for the Nespresso pods if George Clooney came with the machine.

I think that is what my son has and it's delicious!!!

Mine is a Nespresso machine, which makes the smaller, espresso style pods. I have thought about the waste of the little plastic pods, but honestly, I don't make enough espresso coffee to go through the hassle of making up refillable pods. Besides, we buy several different roasts and they are differentiated by color for our guests. I do dump out the coffee in the pods afterwards and throw the hard plastic part in the recycle bin.

~ C

I am one of the persons that do not like the K-cup. I don't know anything about the Nespresso machine. I make a six cup pot of drip decafe coffee each morning. I used to drink coffee all day and half the night when I worked.
    Rumbols

I love my coffee and consider it my one indulgence..other than fabric. We have been getting Peets organic French roast whole bean online for a few years now and savor it every morning and sometimes at noon. We use a 4 cup Mr. Coffee, which makes 2 mugs, and run 2 pots through each morning, one after the other. They roast the beans right before they ship it, so it is nice and fresh. A friend who I used to work with and I order together so we can take advantage of the cheaper subscription price. I have had Keurig coffee at friends houses and it's always been good, but I hate the price of those machines! Funny what a person chooses to spend money on! Lol..

I’m hoping for a Nespresso for Christmas. We used it in Portugal recently, and I loved it.
    Lori

DH and I are coffee fanatics, as are our sons and DIL. We have a Cuisinart and Keurig at home, and a Mr. Coffee and Keurig at the cabin. We usually make 10 cups each morning, and both sip coffee well into the afternoon. I love hot chocolate at night, so the Keurig comes in handy for that. When we have several people at the cabin it's not unusual for both the Mr. Coffee and the Keurig to be going at the same time. I'm not familiar with the Nespresso. I will have to check it out!

We use a Keurig at home, neither of us drinks a lot of coffee. I did get to use a Nespresso at a B and B last year. It was quite nice, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggramma View Post
    I’m hoping for a Nespresso for Christmas. We used it in Portugal recently, and I loved it.
    Nespresso is all over Portugal and the rest of Europe, as well. That's how we were introduced to it too. IMHO, the Europeans know so much more about making a great cup of coffee. The French and the Italians have an ongoing, "war," over who makes the best cup of coffee. Personally, I can't decide...I think its a tie, although I'm slightly leaning towards Italy.

~ C