Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   2018 Christmas Cookie Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/2018-christmas-cookie-recipes-t300546.html)

TheMerkleFamily 10-30-2018 03:22 AM

Darcyshannon - I found this and it sounds wonderful! https://www.cookingclassy.com/white-...inger-cookies/

Murphy224 - The idea of salty saltines sounds tasty - I might have to make a 'test batch' :D

luvstoquilt 10-30-2018 05:11 AM

My favorite since I was a child Icebox Cookies

1 pound butter (room temperature)
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon soda
3 eggs
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cups chopped pecans
6 cups flout

Cream butter and sugar. Add 3 beaten eggs, mix well. Add Cinnamon, pecans and flour (into which soda has been added).Mis,roll into logs and wrap in waxed paper. Chill overnight. Slice and bake at 350 until browned. These freeze well and are great when someone drops in.

betthequilter 10-30-2018 06:30 AM

These cookies are SO easy to make and SO good to eat ...... my mom called them "Melt-Away Cookies" but my son calls them "Snowballs". They're his favorite cookie.

Cream 1/2 cup butter (not margarine) and 3 tbsp. powdered sugar.
Gradually add 1 cup sifted flour, 1/4 tsp.salt and 1/2 tsp. almond extract.
Add 1 cup finely chopped nuts.

Chill dough for 1/2 hour. Form into marble size pieces. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until pale golden. Remove from cookie sheet. While warm, roll in powdered sugar (I put them on wax paper and sprinkle powdered sugar on them). Cool. Makes about 60 cookies.

Enjoy!

SusieQOH 10-30-2018 06:32 AM

What a great thread! Thanks for starting it.

One of my very favorite cookies to make are in the Betty Crocker cookbook- sugar cookies. They are so easy and we make cut-outs every year. My DIL and I never miss out on this. I make others but never omit these. Everyone loves them.

Quilter 53 10-30-2018 06:50 AM

My daughter and I have had a cookie baking marathon for at least the last 16 years. We usually bake the Friday after Thanksgiving and then freeze. She makes up little gift bags of one cookie of each kind (as many as 15, that's a lot of batches of cookies) for each of her coworkers. One year it was 21 coworkers. Then she makes a plate or 2 or 3 for people who have done something special for her over the year. One year it was her mechanic, another it was her financial advisor and 2 years ago it was a little boy who set next to her at a concert. He was so enthralled with the event, he couldn't contain his enthusiasm between numbers and started a conversation with her. His joy made the event extra special for her. And the look on his face when she delivered his Christmas cookies (with Dad's permission, of course) made her entire holiday super special.

This is one of my favorites.

Snickers Surprises

2 sticks butter
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup sugar Mix on low speed until light and fluffy

2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla Slowly add until combined

3 1/2 cups flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt Stir in. Cover dough and chill 2 to 3 hours. My tip: 20 to 30 min in freezer works fine

1 pkg 13 oz. Snickers minis unwrapped. We cut in half to make smaller, and more, cookies.

We count the number of Snicker pieces we have and divide the dough into that many pieces, roll into a ball and then flatten. Form the dough around the Snickers. Place on greased cookie sheet.

Bake at 325*F for 12 to 14 minutes Time and temperature varies depending on whether we use her oven or mine.

You can melt down some Dove chocolate bars and drizzle over each cookie, but we find we don't need it. This recipe never makes enough! :D

TheMerkleFamily 10-30-2018 07:07 AM

Oh my goodness! Some really good recipes here.. I feel as though I've already gained a few holiday lbs just reading through the ingredients!

Thank you everyone and please keep 'em coming!

Christine

Cheesehead 10-30-2018 07:37 AM

Quilter 53, I made the Snicker Surprises several years ago and now it's a tradition to make every year!

This is such a fun thread, I hope many more members will add their delicious recipes:thumbup:.

Jan

Anniedeb 10-30-2018 08:11 AM

So many different ideas! Unfortunately, the only cookies my family wants are sugar, peanut butter blossoms, and rum balls!

QuiltE 10-30-2018 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 8152149)
Quilter 53, I made the Snicker Surprises several years ago and now it's a tradition to make every year!

This is such a fun thread, I hope many more members will add their delicious recipes:thumbup:.

Jan

These are totally intriguing .... do they stay soft in the inside?
or more solid like a caramel?

....... and if anyone has any Snickers leftovers from Halloween, a good way to use them up! :)

Quilter 53 10-30-2018 09:04 AM

Yes, they stay soft in the inside. The chocolate and caramel melt somewhat and the white stuff ( what is that called?) stays soft and gooey. Sometimes I take 1 frozen cookie, wrap in paper towel, 10-12 seconds in microwave, and you have a warm "fresh cookie from the oven" treat.
Left overs from Halloween?.........You've got to be kidding! LOL