Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Alfredo sauce (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/alfredo-sauce-t284742.html)

true4uca 12-26-2016 07:32 PM

Alfredo sauce
 
Any easy way to make a small amount of Alfredo sauce. I usually use about half a jar and toss the rest. Āll the recipes I have seem to make about 3 cups.

MargaretH 12-26-2016 07:37 PM

I have same issue, so I use half and then freeze other half. Works for me.

QuiltE 12-26-2016 09:30 PM


Originally Posted by true4uca (Post 7726763)
Any easy way to make a small amount of Alfredo sauce. I usually use about half a jar and toss the rest. Āll the recipes I have seem to make about 3 cups.


If you only want half ... then cut the ingredients in half and only make the half recipe!

QuiltnLady1 12-26-2016 09:53 PM

The easiest recipe I know is from the new Joy of Cooking -- its part of the Fettuccini Alfredo recipe. It is heat 1 cup of heavy cream and 1 cup of Parmesan cheese. I then toss in cooked noodles (or tortellini or ...) and some cooked chicken -- yummy.

My DSIL can't have anything with gluten so I make this -- usually double or triple the recipe.

Lady Diana 12-27-2016 04:42 AM

Olive garden style alfredo.....small amount.....half a pkg. Cream cheese, pat of butter, garlic powder, pepper, cream for thickness you want, then add parmesan to your liking. My family loves this.

true4uca 12-27-2016 09:05 AM

I did not know it could be frozen. How do you use it after frozen. Do you thaw it in the fridge. Last time I bought a jar was almost $3. I felt like I was throwing $1.50 in the garbage. It surely isn't cheaper for me to make it as I'd never use the rest of the ingredients. DH avoids dairy and now so do. We don't even drink milk let alone using heavy cream.

Originally Posted by MargaretH (Post 7726765)
I have same issue, so I use half and then freeze other half. Works for me.


jbj137 12-27-2016 09:18 AM

***
*** I use the one in an envelope and 1/2 can the used and the rest saved.
***

bakermom 12-27-2016 09:26 AM


Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 (Post 7726808)
The easiest recipe I know is from the new Joy of Cooking -- its part of the Fettuccini Alfredo recipe. It is heat 1 cup of heavy cream and 1 cup of Parmesan cheese. I then toss in cooked noodles (or tortellini or ...) and some cooked chicken -- yummy.

My DSIL can't have anything with gluten so I make this -- usually double or triple the recipe.


My DD learned that recipe in a cooking class when she was 10 or 12. It is the one my kids still request when we make Alfredo

Watson 12-27-2016 10:02 AM

Don't forget a tiny pinch of nutmeg in your Alfredo sauce, if you're going for the real thing.

Watson

Jingle 12-27-2016 01:10 PM

I buy two jars, cook 1" pieces of chicken with onions and garlid add the alfredo sauce. Cook linguine noodles, drain and mix in the sauce. I love it so much I eat it until it is gone. My Husband isn't as wild about it, although he does eat it too.
Our rule is if I make it or buy it we eat it. Any and all foods. We never throw out anything edible.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:15 AM.