Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   apple pie cake lol (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/apple-pie-cake-lol-t272009.html)

Rosyhf 11-08-2015 10:23 AM

apple pie cake lol

2 Attachment(s)
I want apple pie!! I'm thinking, cake batter is better than pie crust and you can just mix it up quick quick. I chopped up four large apples, One small pineapple from the garden, chopped walnuts, some very large raisins, large coconut organic flakes, a little brown sugar/ buttered a large pan, butter dots on top and put all that stuff in it and put in oven 350, just until I finished mixing a four egg batter,also use brown sugar for batter, that I poured on top and baked for 45 minutes. I am eating it now so I can tell you it's delish lol....

Tartan 11-08-2015 11:28 AM

Looks tasty! I just slipped an apple pie in the oven for dessert tonight. Autumn Is the season for apple everything!

lynnie 11-08-2015 11:52 AM

wow, looks super yummy. I can smell it now.

maviskw 11-09-2015 06:19 AM

I will surely try that. But beware! most apples and pineapples are quite sweet, so very little sugar is needed. Maybe none in the base of that. The cake batter will be sweetened, so that may be enough.

earthwalker 11-09-2015 06:22 AM

Looks great ....I am trying to be good, no apple pie or chocolate for a little while.

lorimax5859 11-09-2015 06:43 AM

Oh my gosh, I can hardly wait to try it!

gram2five 11-09-2015 10:44 AM

Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing

madamekelly 11-09-2015 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf (Post 7370038)
I want apple pie!! I'm thinking, cake batter is better than pie crust and you can just mix it up quick quick. I chopped up four large apples, One small pineapple from the garden, chopped walnuts, some very large raisins, large coconut organic flakes, a little brown sugar/ buttered a large pan, butter dots on top and put all that stuff in it and put in oven 350, just until I finished mixing a four egg batter,also use brown sugar for batter, that I poured on top and baked for 45 minutes. I am eating it now so I can tell you it's delish lol....

my grandmother taught me this recipe because she, like me, cannot stand regular frosting. Sugary grease, bleah. I also do this with any fresh fruit, just adjust the sugar and seasoning. Pears are my favorite, in fact the only way I will eat pears.

maviskw 11-09-2015 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by earthwalker (Post 7370931)
Looks great ....I am trying to be good, no apple pie or chocolate for a little while.

Me thinks you are giving up what you should have more of. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Your brain needs fat to operate, so why not make the fat into a pie crust? And chocolate is good for you, too. It's the sugar that is bad. So eat dark chocolate, it has less sugar, and ration it. Not too much, now.
Enjoy!

daisydebby 11-10-2015 09:51 PM

Wow...would love to be able to grab a pineapple from my yard:) This sounds really good. But, could you please give me some measurements? I'd like to try it. Thank you.