Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Aussie Chicken (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/aussie-chicken-t130660.html)

javin22 06-15-2011 08:41 AM

This is one of our favorites to have when we go to the cabin.. You can make it in a dutch oven too. Enjoy.

Ingredients

* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
* 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
* 6 slices bacon, cut in half
* 1/2 cup prepared yellow mustard
* 1/2 cup honey
* 1/4 cup light corn syrup
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
* 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Directions

1. Rub the chicken breasts with the seasoning salt, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until crisp. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the mustard, honey, corn syrup, mayonnaise and dried onion flakes. Remove half of sauce, cover and refrigerate to serve later.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the breasts in the skillet and saute for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Remove from skillet and place the breasts into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Apply the honey mustard sauce to each breast, then layer each breast with mushrooms and bacon. Sprinkle top with shredded cheese.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken juices run clear. Garnish with parsley and serve with the reserved honey mustard sauce.

irishrose 06-15-2011 08:49 AM

What's not to like with chicken, bacon and cheese?? For me, I'd skip the mushrooms. Thank you for the recipe.

javin22 06-15-2011 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
What's not to like with chicken, bacon and cheese?? For me, I'd skip the mushrooms. Thank you for the recipe.

I skip the mushrooms too.

MellieKQuilter 06-15-2011 09:29 AM

I LOVE this! :) Thanks for the recipe!

craftybear 06-15-2011 12:40 PM

thanks for the recipe

Originally Posted by javin22
This is one of our favorites to have when we go to the cabin.. You can make it in a dutch oven too. Enjoy.

Ingredients

* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
* 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
* 6 slices bacon, cut in half
* 1/2 cup prepared yellow mustard
* 1/2 cup honey
* 1/4 cup light corn syrup
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
* 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Directions

1. Rub the chicken breasts with the seasoning salt, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until crisp. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the mustard, honey, corn syrup, mayonnaise and dried onion flakes. Remove half of sauce, cover and refrigerate to serve later.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the breasts in the skillet and saute for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Remove from skillet and place the breasts into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Apply the honey mustard sauce to each breast, then layer each breast with mushrooms and bacon. Sprinkle top with shredded cheese.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken juices run clear. Garnish with parsley and serve with the reserved honey mustard sauce.

meanmom 06-16-2011 04:25 AM

Sounds really yummy

teacherbailey 06-16-2011 07:13 AM

OHHHH----YUM!!!! Might even make it tonight for dinner! Definitely a "keeper".

patmas57 06-16-2011 08:29 AM

Thanks! I'll have to try this.

brewsa 06-16-2011 12:03 PM

Thank you for the recipe! Can't wait to try it!

sik1010 06-16-2011 04:49 PM

Thank you for the recipe!