Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Best Chocolate Cake on the Face of the Earth (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/best-chocolate-cake-face-earth-t60607.html)

jeanequilts 08-21-2010 09:31 AM

Best Chocolate Cake on the Face of the Earth

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

2 cups sugar

3/4 cups baking cocoa

2 teaspoons baking soda

1 cup strong brewed coffee or 2 teaspoons instant coffee dissolved in 1 cup hot water)

1 cup buttermilk

1/2 cup veg oil

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 13X9 cake pan or two 9" round pans. Combine all the dry ingredients in large mixer bowl.

Add the rest of the ingredients and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes (batter will be thin). Pour into prepared pans, bake 35-40 minutes for large pan or 30-35 minutes for round pans. Cool on rack before frosting.

Mocha Cocoa Frosting

1/3 cup melted butter

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 cups powdered sugar

1/2 cup baking cocoa

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup brewed black coffee

Add vanilla to butter. sift together sugar, cocoa and salt. Add dry ingredients alternately with coffee to butter mixture, beating to spreading consistency.

(You may not need all the coffee, and I always use more cocoa than called for to make it extra yummy).

From Kathleen Rinta: Kathleen says "I took this cake to the Clark Co. Fair twice; won blue ribbons both times. It's the only chocolate cake I'll make, and a great family favorite.

Frost it with the Mocha Cocoa Frosting; a very, very good cake!"

amma 08-21-2010 09:53 AM

Thank you for sharing with us :D:D:D

belmer 08-21-2010 10:30 AM

Sounds like heavan to me! thanks for sharing I will bookmark this one for sure.

littlehud 08-21-2010 10:35 AM

yum. Sounds good.

craftybear 08-21-2010 12:13 PM

yummy, thank you

Grammy o'5 08-21-2010 03:16 PM

The coffee sounds interesting, I'll have to give it a try. My sister loves coffee - I'll send the recipe to her too!
Thanks for sharing.

magpie 08-21-2010 03:59 PM

It sure is the best recipe. I take to family picnics and to work all the time. Never any leftovers.

CarrieAnne 08-22-2010 07:09 AM

YUM! Thank you!

sueisallaboutquilts 08-22-2010 07:15 AM

Thanks for the recipe ....... I think...........LOL
My downfall is CAKE!!!!!!!!!!! :D

merryhare 08-23-2010 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by jeanequilts
Best Chocolate Cake on the Face of the Earth

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

2 cups sugar

3/4 cups baking cocoa

2 teaspoons baking soda

1 cup strong brewed coffee or 2 teaspoons instant coffee dissolved in 1 cup hot water)

1 cup buttermilk

1/2 cup veg oil

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 13X9 cake pan or two 9" round pans. Combine all the dry ingredients in large mixer bowl.

Add the rest of the ingredients and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes (batter will be thin). Pour into prepared pans, bake 35-40 minutes for large pan or 30-35 minutes for round pans. Cool on rack before frosting.

Mocha Cocoa Frosting

1/3 cup melted butter

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 cups powdered sugar

1/2 cup baking cocoa

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup brewed black coffee

Add vanilla to butter. sift together sugar, cocoa and salt. Add dry ingredients alternately with coffee to butter mixture, beating to spreading consistency.

(You may not need all the coffee, and I always use more cocoa than called for to make it extra yummy).

From Kathleen Rinta: Kathleen says "I took this cake to the Clark Co. Fair twice; won blue ribbons both times. It's the only chocolate cake I'll make, and a great family favorite.

Frost it with the Mocha Cocoa Frosting; a very, very good cake!"

If you add 1 tsp cloves to the cake batter you will truly have the best chocolate cake in the world!