Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Blueberry Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/blueberry-recipes-t266708.html)

Tothill 06-28-2015 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by quiltin-nannie (Post 7240862)
Speaking of blueberries, I know you shouldn't wash before freezing as that makes them stick together in freezer, but when you are ready to use them, do you wash them while frozen, or wait for them to thaw.

I always wash before freezing. I let them drain, then freezer on cookie sheets before transferring to freezer bags. Clean berries that do not stick. I do this with all the berries I freeze.

showmequilter 06-28-2015 03:59 PM

I wash mine while frozen it helps to thaw at the sametime

butter14562 07-16-2015 04:40 PM

I have 16 plants, some 30 years old. I don't wash them. I spread them on a sheet pan, look at them very close, pick out bad ones. If I have to pick them when wet I lay a paper towel under them on sheet pan, let them dry. My favorite storage is zip lock plastic containers, or the zipper freezer bag. My main use is smoothies. If using from a frozen state in pies, I thaw some on burner slowly with sugar, spices, a little butter till they get juicy,then thicken with corn starch or flour,then add the rest of the frozen berries to the thicken berries. That seems to keep some berries whole in the pie filling. Ps my berries are not sprayed with chemicals.

MFord 07-16-2015 08:10 PM

Mmmm, blueberries... I freeze them, then partially thaw in warm water, then eat them like sorbet!

emmamark 05-24-2021 02:45 PM

I love blueberries, but have never found a great recipe for a blueberry vape; what do you love? Simple or complicated, it doesn't matter!

peaceandjoy 05-24-2021 05:11 PM

We live about 5 miles from a blueberry farm, so pick every year. So easy to pick - no stooping, no prickers, just stand or sit on your bucket as you like in a beautiful setting. The problem? I hate blueberries!! They are so good for you, too. I pick them and freeze them on cookie sheets; dh puts them in smoothies or I make scones or muffins for him. I also give lots away to friends who are not able to pick. You can make blueberry iced tea or blueberry lemonade, and lots of blueberry cocktails.

WMUTeach 05-25-2021 05:15 AM

I am a pie lover and make my own crust because it is yummy! Peach, apple, strawberry, lemon menagerie and on and on. I used to make perfect blueberry pie, but now they are all great crust and runny insides. I would love to see your recipe or your favorite resource. I yearn for a blueberry pie that will stand and not run around the plate.

emmamark 05-25-2021 12:35 PM

Blueberry Recipes

Originally Posted by WMUTeach (Post 8486332)
I am a pie lover and make my own crust because it is yummy! Peach, apple, strawberry, lemon menagerie, and on and on. I used to make perfect blueberry pie, but now they are all great crust and runny insides. I would love to see your recipe or your favorite resource. I yearn for a blueberry pie that will stand and not run around the plate.

Looks like we are the same.

tropit 05-25-2021 03:19 PM

Mmmmm fresh blueberries. I don't do anything to them but wash them and eat them right away. There's never leftovers for saving.

Mkotch 05-26-2021 02:25 AM

Does anyone have a recipe for a non dairy smoothie?