Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Bring On Your Best Tofu Scramble Recipe! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/bring-your-best-tofu-scramble-recipe-t298205.html)

tropit 07-12-2018 06:22 AM

Bring On Your Best Tofu Scramble Recipe!

I love tofu scrambles! They're low in fat, high in protein and a great way to add a ton of veggies to my diet. My recipes are always changing and evolving depending on my mood that day. Besides the wide variety of veggies that go into my scrambles, some of my other favorite, add-in ingredients are:

Nutritional Yeast for a cheezy flavor
ground flax seeds, for extra omega 3s
turmeric, just a little for color and nutrition
smoked paprika, it's just good
garlic powder, for earthiness
cumin, again, earthiness
black salt, for an eggy flavor

And the best ingredient that really changes the game is almond cream cheese such as kite hill, (really good stuff,) or homemade, (still good, but way cheaper.) The cream cheese makes the scramble soooooo creamy...very much like perfect scrambled eggs. In fact, I served my tofu scramble to my SIL, who swears that he doesn't like tofu, and afterwards he thanked me for the, "delicious, scrambled eggs." I didn't have the heart to tell him that it was tofu.

What do you put in your scrambles?

~ C

Tartan 07-12-2018 06:46 AM

:DWhat do I put in my scrambles, eggs.

Geri B 07-12-2018 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 8092754)
:DWhat do I put in my scrambles, eggs.

....and sometimes bacon!

only like tofu in miso soup

SusieQOH 07-12-2018 07:28 AM

My boys love and cook tofu, but not me :)

JanelleTrebuna 07-12-2018 11:19 AM

I like marinating the tofu in Teriyaki sauce for a day then slicing it and breading it with a mixture of flour, nutritional yeast, and Italian spices--then pan frying it in a little olive oil. Even my super picky daughter likes it.

Janelle

PamelaOry 07-12-2018 02:02 PM

We do a fried tofu cubes scramble for dinner a lot but we use extra firm, I have a feeling what you’re making is with the softer stuff. Toby’s tofu seasoning has a lot of the ingredients you listed and we use that a lot (a local version of it from nearly normals). We do a lot of baby spinach, just at the end, in our egg like scrambles, with fresh diced tomatoes, yum!

nativetexan 07-12-2018 03:36 PM

Oh my husband tried so hard to get me to eat tofu. Could not do it!

copycat 07-13-2018 02:17 AM

Thank you for the recipe...my son is vegan. I will send it to him!

Lena1952 07-14-2018 03:12 AM

I don't like eggs no matter how you cook them. But do love tofu! Freeze firm or extra firm tofu in the package, thaw, drain well, and shred tofu. It will resemble crab meat. Make crab cakes from your favorite recipe. No one in my family knew the difference.

tropit 07-14-2018 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 8093087)
Oh my husband tried so hard to get me to eat tofu. Could not do it!

Ya know...I think that it's all how it's prepared and seasoned. Tofu, by itself, is very bland and almost tasteless. But, if you add lots of spices and goodies to it, it takes on a whole, new character. It's cheap, it's healthy and it's readily available in the stores. Most of it is Non-GMO, or Organic too.

~ C