Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Bulk Cooking (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/bulk-cooking-t259556.html)

Paisley Maggie 01-11-2015 04:13 PM

Bulk Cooking

I love to Bulk cook so I have more time to quilt and to do other things. I just add a salad and more veggies
Yesterday I did a triple batch of quiche..
I precooked all the onions, three different colored peppers, mushrooms, bacon, and broccoli. The day before.

I made 24 mini quiches with store bought tart shells
6 Large muffin tin yam crusted quiches, all veggie
1 pie shaped quiche, crustless

Then I freeze...

I also like to buy lots of onions, peppers, and precook and freeze in small packs, then I can just pull out
to use in omelets etc.

I also made turkey pot pies, baked macaroni in the large muffin tins. Lasagna, cut and wrapped in serving sizes...Muffin meat loaves, spaghetti sauces, home made soups...

Does anyone else do this.

judy363905 01-11-2015 04:39 PM

Wows, that is awesome...you will be all set for a while..I do this on a very much smaller scale. But a you having me thinking this is a wonderful idea :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

janRN 01-11-2015 06:15 PM

I love making large pots of soup. In my freezer I have Italian Wedding Soup, French Onion Soup, Ham & Lima bean soup, chicken & rice soup and probably some others if I hunt. I love being able to pull some out, add a salad & bread and have a nice hot supper. I usually use my crock pot so while I'm in the Bat Cave sewing my house smells good all day!

mountain-moma 01-11-2015 06:18 PM

Love cooking in bulk does leave more time for other things such as quilting, embroidery,etc.

time2quilt 01-12-2015 07:24 AM

I also used to do beef and cheese burritos and wrap them individually. SO easy to zap in the microwave.

Paisley Maggie 01-12-2015 07:24 AM

Oh that is awesome that there are others out there that love to bulk cook too....
Nums to homemade soups there the best!!!!!

Wanabee Quiltin 01-12-2015 08:13 AM

I haven't bulk cooked for about a year. There are several meals we love and so I buy everything in advance and then cook for about 2 days solid. I end up with an average of 25 meals. It helps me so much, thank you God for microwaves. I always add a salad and some French bread or mashed potatoes, whatever works. And it tastes so good because I only cook what freezes well and tastes wonderful.

matraina 01-12-2015 08:18 AM

Do you have prices on them? We could go to your house for home-cooked suppers.

AZ Jane 01-12-2015 08:54 AM

Wish I had my big freezer back. When it became just use two, I gave it away. Now this cu=ity girl has a source for fresh vegetable and no way to eat them all and no where to put extras!!

Pete 01-12-2015 01:13 PM

With just two of us - I also try to do the same. Currently I have pulled pork, sloppy joes, chili, individual meatloaves, chicken soup, cooked chicken cubed in 1 cup portions, and pot roast. Thanks for more ideas.