Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Choc Chip Cookies any new ones (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/choc-chip-cookies-any-new-ones-t233028.html)

chickadeee55 10-22-2013 02:18 PM

Choc Chip Cookies any new ones

I want to make choc chip cookies, but I am sick of the Toll House recipe. Does anyone have one that is good and a little different ?

QuiltE 10-22-2013 04:06 PM

And what is the Toll House Recipe ?
... please do share, as I have no idea as to how it would compare with other recipes! :)

dakotamaid 10-22-2013 04:42 PM

The toll house one is on the back of most chocolate chip bags. Pretty basic but good.

QuiltE 10-22-2013 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid (Post 6363067)
The toll house one is on the back of most chocolate chip bags. Pretty basic but good.

Not being in the USA, I guess we have different recipes here!

masufa 10-22-2013 07:52 PM

I add about tsp of cinnamon to my chocolate chip cookie dough.

annie123 10-23-2013 02:46 AM

I think the one's with vanilla pudding mix are good. just go to allrecipes.com and search for Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies for the recipe. Not that different but good. I also have an old recipe called Cloverleaf cookies that has three flavors- chocolate chip, peanut butter and chocolate. There is a small ball of each dough put together in a cloverleaf shape so the flavors stay separate. A bit piddly but good-let me know if you'd like that recipe.

judi wess 10-23-2013 04:12 AM

I always use my Mom's recipe and modify it to include peanut butter, a big dollop. This recipe actually had a lot of good for you stuff in it. If you want it, private message me. I use butter flavor Crisco cause butter makes them get hard and/or greasey.

judylg 10-23-2013 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by annie123 (Post 6363442)
I think the one's with vanilla pudding mix are good. just go to allrecipes.com and search for Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies for the recipe. Not that different but good. I also have an old recipe called Cloverleaf cookies that has three flavors- chocolate chip, peanut butter and chocolate. There is a small ball of each dough put together in a cloverleaf shape so the flavors stay separate. A bit piddly but good-let me know if you'd like that recipe.

Could you share this? Sounds good. Thanks

QuiltE 10-23-2013 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by judi wess (Post 6363572)
I always use my Mom's recipe and modify it to include peanut butter, a big dollop. This recipe actually had a lot of good for you stuff in it. If you want it, private message me. I use butter flavor Crisco cause butter makes them get hard and/or greasey.

Would you please share it with all of us here too, so we can try them out as well?
THANK YOU!

callen 10-23-2013 05:06 AM

I use a basic chocolate chip recipe BUT add raisins to my batch. If you don't like raisins obviously this won't work but every time I make them, they disappear. I believe years ago they were called Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I lived in the U.S. for a year & that's where I picked up the recipe but many years ago.