Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Chocolate Cake in 5 Minutes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/chocolate-cake-5-minutes-t19766.html)

henryparrish76 05-05-2009 11:47 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Got this recipe in my email today, thought id share..........

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (Microwave Safe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

Now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

Tink's Mom 05-05-2009 12:51 PM

This one is really good,Henry! I have been making it since the fall. In fact just had one the other night.....

I sometimes make it in a 2 cup measuring cup...

henryparrish76 05-05-2009 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
This one is really good,Henry! I have been making it since the fall. In fact just had one the other night.....

I sometimes make it in a 2 cup measuring cup...

Awesome! :)

quilter1962 05-05-2009 01:03 PM

Henry

This looks kind of yummy LOL.

I'm just wondering whether your mugs are larger over there in comparison to ours here - (I've just read this message back & it sounds gobbledy gook as we say). I hope you understand what I am trying to say LOL.

Tisha

henryparrish76 05-05-2009 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by quilter1962
Henry

This looks kind of yummy LOL.

I'm just wondering whether your mugs are larger over there in comparison to ours here - (I've just read this message back & it sounds gobbledy gook as we say). I hope you understand what I am trying to say LOL.

Tisha

I dont know. I have what I call avg mugs and oversized mugs.

triciasquilts 05-06-2009 05:19 AM

Oh, yummmmm......I will definitely try this!! Thanks, Henry.

Patty44 05-06-2009 05:57 AM

Hey,we had that in our newspaper this week.I am a WW and I am trying to figure out how to make it WW frindly. We have this recipe for making a fat free cake,All you do is get a box cake mis,pour a diet coke,or if it is a yellow or white cake use diet 7UP or something like that. Pour the can of coke in the cake stir up and bake. Taste just like reg. cake it is sometime a little hard to cut becuase it is so moist. You can't tell the difference,and lots cheeper by the time you figure eggs and oil. not to mention the clories you save. I haven't tired the cup cake yet but I have the recipe out of our paper.

Patty44 05-06-2009 06:00 AM

Wow,looks good,I go weigh today,may have to try that for lunch. I think if I put in all the dry ing,but leave out eggs and oil,pour in my diet coke it might work. I am starving now....

henryparrish76 05-06-2009 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Patty44
Hey,we had that in our newspaper this week.I am a WW and I am trying to figure out how to make it WW frindly. We have this recipe for making a fat free cake,All you do is get a box cake mis,pour a diet coke,or if it is a yellow or white cake use diet 7UP or something like that. Pour the can of coke in the cake stir up and bake. Taste just like reg. cake it is sometime a little hard to cut becuase it is so moist. You can't tell the difference,and lots cheeper by the time you figure eggs and oil. not to mention the clories you save. I haven't tired the cup cake yet but I have the recipe out of our paper.

Hmmm I may have to give that a try. :)

marilynh 05-07-2009 05:23 AM

Henry, I haven't tried the little cake yet but was wondering if it needs some baking powder or soda. I;m not that much of a baker as you can tell. Marilynh