Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Chocolate Truffle Recipe (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/chocolate-truffle-recipe-t75696.html)

Roberta 11-11-2010 06:44 AM

I sent this a few days ago but it seems to have been lost in cyberspace so I'll try again.

Best Ever chocolate truffle recipe

Makes 30 truffle's
Cooking time: 5 minutes

3/4 cup heavy whipping caream
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
2 cups (11.5 ouces) bittersweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
Save:
3/4 cup minature semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup minature white chocolate chips

In a med. saucepan, heat the cream and butter over low heat until cream is hot and the butter melts. The hot cream mixture should form tiny bubbles. Do not let the mixture boil as this might form a skin on the top. If this happens, remove with a spoon and discard the skin
Remove the pan from the heat, add the chocolate chips and let them sit in the hot cream mixture for about 30 seconds to soften.

Whisk the filling until it is smooth and all the chocolate is melted. Stir in the vanilla.

Pour the chocolate filling into a med. bowl and press a piece of plastic wrap onto the truffle mixture, poking a few holes in the wrap to let steam escape. Refrigerate until the mixture is firm, about 3 hours or overnight.

Have ready 30 mini-muffin liners. Spread out a large piece of wax paper on the counter. Pour the dark and white chips in a pie dish or shallow bowl. Use a spoon to scoop out 1 tablespoon portions of the truffle and roll them quickly in your hands to form balls about 1 1/4 inces in diameter and place them on the wax paper. Clean your hands when they become sticky, and they will. If your mixture has been refrigerated overnight it may have to sit at room temp. for about 30 min. to soften to scoop easily

Roll each truffle ball in the chocolate chips pressing gently on the chips to help them adhere to the truffle. Keep your hands clean so the white chips stay white. Place each in a paper liner. Serve at room temp.

You can substitute coconut or nuts for the dark and white chips as well, or serve them plain.

littlehud 11-11-2010 07:50 AM

Yummy. Those will work great for my Christmas baking.

dream56 11-11-2010 08:46 AM

sounds good - I'll give it a try

donnaree59 11-11-2010 12:12 PM

Best Ever chocolate truffle recipe

Just reading this recipe made me want some! Sounds wonderful!

CarrieAnne 11-11-2010 01:07 PM

Thanks! YUMMY!

RedGarnet222 11-13-2010 12:00 PM

I too am going to try them this year, thanks roberta! I usually make a couple candies, breads, cookies, chow chow and jams for my baskets. This will be in there too. :~)Yum!

Roberta 11-13-2010 01:33 PM

They will be a hit, guaranteed. I took some to a neighborhood Christmas Party two years ago and all I could hear was "who made the truffles". Everyone wanted the recipe. I found it on our little local cooking show. The person making them was Elinor Kliven and she is a pastry and candy chef and has published books.

blueangel 10-03-2011 08:24 AM

Sounds delicious

borntoquilt 10-03-2011 08:28 AM

OMG ! You are KILLING me..... drool, drool and more drool !