Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Christmas Baking 2015 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/christmas-baking-2015-a-t272994.html)

Tothill 12-05-2015 01:01 PM

I will be making candy and chocolates. It is just my son and I and I do not anticipate any entertaining.

Brown Sugar Fudge
Almond Rocha made with dark chocolate
Peanut butter balls
Nanaimo Bars
Butter tarts - I know the last two are not candy, but are required.

I have a local bakery that makes lovely all butter shortbread. I will buy a few pieces to have with my tea.

tranum 12-05-2015 02:58 PM

My limit is 3 recipes. Our family likes meat/cheese/crackers/dips better than sweet things so if I baked a lot, I would be dumping it after the Christmas gathering and its a waste at our house.

cjsews 12-05-2015 04:28 PM

I got together with 3 of my sisters and mom today for baking. We got thru 5 varieties. Split these between us. I usually make 8 - 12 different kinds myself. Today was fun but I will need to bake more for gifting to coworkers and friends One day I will cut back. I say this every year but have not accomplished that yet😜

dotcomdtcm 12-05-2015 06:56 PM

I found 2 gluten free recipes. One dear friend is so pleased I remembered her health issues.

Vat 12-06-2015 07:02 AM

Right now, I'm getting ready to host a gathering for 16 tomorrow. Finger foods: meatballs, ham rolls, cucumber sandwiches, cheese ball, spinach dip, peanut butter balls, chocolate cookies and strawberry-lime tea. Just hope I have enough, then I'll start planning the next event. Merry Christmas to ALL ! !

Wanabee Quiltin 12-06-2015 07:34 AM

I'm making banana bread today and will freeze it for gifts nearer Christmas. I decided no cookies this year, GASP ! I am making many varieties of fudge and I know people will love it. DH and I just don't want all those goodies around to eat, we need to change our thinking about eating desserts so much.

Carol34446 12-06-2015 07:36 AM

Used to do all kinds of baking, but now if I bake it, I eat it and I sure don't need that. Funny how when your 69 and DH is 83 we do not eat that much sweets (DH is an oreo cookie monster).

NatalieF 12-06-2015 08:25 AM

I'm making Caramel Squares (the type with meringue on top. it's my grandmother's recipe and I always make it at Christmas. It's a treasured memory that I enjoy).
chewy choco-nut triangles (kind of tastes like peanut brittle without the tooth-breaking hardness)
Yuletide layer bars
lemon loaf
and it depends on what I have the fortitude to make. I make up tins of a variety of these treats and give them as gifts, so fortunately I'm not left with *too* many on my posterior.

Angellight 12-06-2015 10:53 AM

I have the dough made for quick Cherry pistachio cookies-(Uses pre-made sugar cookie dough & you add dried cherries and chopped pistachios), and a quick sugar cookie for my granddaughter who has a peanut allergy. I have in the freezer a chocolate chip cookie,finished and making the dough for the Reeses Peanut butter cup cookies that you bake in the mini muffin pan. I'm thinking of making Pecan pie squares for New years Day as well as a couple other items, but will wait to decide closer to the day.
I hope to get a good part of the baking done today and tomorrow as I need to get the goodies I am sending for my son stationed in Germany sent by Friday/Saturday.
I also give to my 80+ Aunt, who loves, Loves, LOVES her cookies.
Happy Baking.
Susan

IBQUILTIN 12-06-2015 11:35 AM

So far I have done 8 different cookies that will mail well, I am now onto making chocolates. I have peppermint patties, cherry cordials, maple walnut cremes, peanut butter cups, marshmallow choco covered, and vanilla cremes. Now its onto opera fudge, vanilla cream fudge and peanut brittle, cashew brittle, and pecan brittle with a small batch of pralines thrown in for fun.