Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Christmas/Holiday Cookie Recipes from other countries (not USA as we have a thread for that one) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/christmas-holiday-cookie-recipes-other-countries-not-usa-we-have-thread-one-t68460.html)

craftybear 10-05-2010 11:30 AM

Please post your cookie recipes from other countries (not USA as we have another thread for that one)

when you type your recipe be sure to put on the first line the name of the country

This should be fun!

craftybear 10-05-2010 05:02 PM

If you live in another country besides USA please post your cookie recipes here for all of us to enjoy!

Carsey 10-06-2010 06:28 AM

YEA!!

pojo 10-06-2010 07:08 AM

That's sounds good from other countries.

Dkm 10-06-2010 08:25 AM

Sounds interesting.

lynnie 10-06-2010 09:02 AM

can't wait to start baking

wanabquilter 10-06-2010 11:47 AM

I don't know if this counts as a cookie. My mother in-law is from England and makes jam tarts

English Jam Tarts

1) Make a pie crust roll out cut round circuls and place in small cup cake tin or tart tin (she had tart tins I idea where to buy except in England)Place a teaspoon of jam into each center of cup DO NOT OVER FILL bake about 10 minutes crust will brown to golden color and jam will be bubbly,(jam will not taste good burned) careful not to burn self. These go really fast. Stella my mother in-law always used strawberrie jam,

2) For a change she would make a yallow cake mix and top off a teaspoon of cake mix on top of the jam before placing in the oven.

Honestly I can not remember how long they cook for I think I usually burn the first batch.lol and then adapt time from there.
I think we bake these at about 350

craftybear 10-06-2010 12:48 PM

thanks for the recipe and you are from????

Originally Posted by wanabquilter
I don't know if this counts as a cookie. My mother in-law is from England and makes jam tarts

English Jam Tarts

1) Make a pie crust roll out cut round circuls and place in small cup cake tin or tart tin (she had tart tins I idea where to buy except in England)Place a teaspoon of jam into each center of cup DO NOT OVER FILL bake about 10 minutes crust will brown to golden color and jam will be bubbly,(jam will not taste good burned) careful not to burn self. These go really fast. Stella my mother in-law always used strawberrie jam,

2) For a change she would make a yallow cake mix and top off a teaspoon of cake mix on top of the jam before placing in the oven.

Honestly I can not remember how long they cook for I think I usually burn the first batch.lol and then adapt time from there.
I think we bake these at about 350

vwquilting 10-06-2010 03:49 PM

Make something yummy. Make a vanilla cake or cupcakes. Frost with plain marshmellow Fluff and spread with strawberry jam. Tastes like strawberry short cake but better.

craftybear 10-06-2010 05:16 PM

Come on quilt board members that lives in other countries please post your cookie recipes here and at the top when you type you recipe write down the name of the country you are from on the top line, thanks again, I can't wait to start making cookies from other countries!