Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   coconut or lemon loaf (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/coconut-lemon-loaf-t226880.html)

yellowwroses 07-30-2013 04:09 AM

coconut or lemon loaf

Please does anyone have a good receipe for coconut or lemon bread, loaf. Woauld really like to have it.
Thanks,
Judy

JBeamer 07-30-2013 10:04 PM

This is a great lemon poppy seed loaf. I've included my special tweaks too. Makes 2 loaves.

Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf
1 pkg. (18 1/4 oz.) white cake mix 1/2 cup oil*
1 pkg. instant lemon pudding mix 4 tsp. poppy seeds
1 cup warm water zest of 1 lemon
4 eggs Glaze, if desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in lemon zest and poppy seeds. Pour into 2 greased 9x5 inch loaf pans Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Glaze if desired.

* I used vegetable oil.
Lemon Glaze
1/2 cup powdered sugar 3-4 tbs. lemon juice
Put powdered sugar in small bowl and add the lemon juice-just enough to make a thin liquid when drizzled from a spoon. Glaze each loaf. If desired can glaze sides of lemon poppy bread loaves too. (May use Realemon Juice instead of lemon juice; I did)
Makes 2 loaves.

Wasn't sure if you wanted from scratch cakes or a package mix. But this one is so good and so easy hope you like it as much as we do.

My special tweaks are the lemon zest and the glaze. Wanted it to be lemony but not tart.
Judy from Louisiana.

Original recipe from A Taste of Home - Cooking Through the Seasons

institches33 07-31-2013 03:36 AM

On "Copycats" there is a great recipe for Starbucks Lemon Loaf. A keeper!

DottyD 08-01-2013 02:41 AM

This is a really lovely recipe - such a light moist cake.

http://www.waitrose.com/content/wait...conutcake.html

It is a link from a British supermarket website - so please let me know if you cannot open the link and if you'd like it - I will copy it out for you !!

Maureen 08-01-2013 02:37 PM

If you use a cake mix and put oil in it make sure it Duncan Hines. The others aren't as good for that kind of a cake.

sharon1 08-09-2013 05:33 AM

Lemon Coconut Bread
By: Sharon Bechtel

1 C. Sugar
½ C. melted butter
2 eggs
1 lemon juiced and zested
1 ½ C. flour
1 r. baking powder
¼ t. salt
½ C. milk1/2
½ C. coconut
½ t. vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 med. sized bread pans with Pam.

Mix all dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.

Beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time beat well after each egg. Stir in vanilla, lemon juice and zest.

Add dry ingredients to batter alternating with milk and mix well. Stir in coconut. Pour batter into 2
(3 ½ “ X 7”) prepared loaf pans or a pan for 12 mini loaves. (These mini loaves make great gifts)

Bake for 50 min. or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 min. before removing.

You may add a lemon glaze/drizzle if you wish.
¾ C. powdered sugar
2 t. lemon juice or more if needed.
Mix well together and pour over cake and let it run down the sides.
Drop by spoon onto waxed paper.

charsuewilson 08-10-2013 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by institches33 (Post 6206509)
On "Copycats" there is a great recipe for Starbucks Lemon Loaf. A keeper!

That really is a great lemon loaf. I've made it several times and loved it.

Annaquilts 08-28-2013 05:59 PM

I am trying Sharon's recipe from above except I had no lemons so I added two pulverized peaches and a can of canned coconut milk 13.5 oz plus the 1/2 C dried coconut. Also we put it in cup cake pans with paper liners at 400 degrees for 18 minutes. It sure smelled good.

Annaquilts 08-28-2013 06:23 PM

They are yummy. they look a bit pale but take them out else they will be dry. we did 3 times the recipe for 48 cup cakes. also the canned coconut milk 13.5 oz and 2 large pulverized peaches was for 3 times the recipe. the dry grated coconut was the unsweetened. If you use sweetened I would cut down on the sugar. we thought it was sweet enough. this would make a great wedding cake or birthday cake.