Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Cookies for the mail. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/cookies-mail-t299305.html)

Mariah 09-03-2018 11:19 AM

Cookies for the mail.

Would someone please tell me how to pack C.Chip Cookies for the mail so they don't end up all crumbs?
Haven't mailed anything for years and years, and need help--Quick!!

Thanks,
Mariah

QuiltE 09-03-2018 11:37 AM

My neighbour mailed cookies to her kids in university all the time with great success.

Her main tactic was to pack in a tin box.

She mostly made softer cookies as they were less fragile than good crisp ones.
If she was worried about fragility, instead of bubble wrap ... she used marshmallows!
Then sent rice krispies, with them so the kids could make squares when the cookies were done.
The kids loved that added bonus!

She even sent birthday cakes ... uniced!
Then sent a tub of store-bought icing and candles for the kids to finish it off.

nativetexan 09-03-2018 11:52 AM

maybe ask a cookie shop?

Mariah 09-03-2018 12:21 PM

Thanks for the tips. Wish I had some M. Mallows! Why do we always not have what we need for something we are doing right now??
Hope i can find a tin box. Was trying to finish baking some C.Chip Dough I had made for a church work day and should have known a soft cookie would have worked. Guess if they all crumble, they can put them in a glass of milk or dish of ice cream.!!
Thanks for the tip.
Mariah

QuiltE 09-03-2018 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mariah (Post 8120681)
....... Guess if they all crumble, they can put them in a glass of milk or dish of ice cream.!!Thanks for the tip. Mariah

Don't despair ... crumbs taste very good, especially when they were made with!

suern3 09-03-2018 03:04 PM

I think I've read about using popcorn for packaging for mailing. I'm sure it would need to be plain, not buttered or salted, of course. And the cookies need to be well sealed so as to not pick up the smell of popcorn. Maybe it could be bagged and sealed as well. Just an idea, if you are in a pinch.

tranum 09-03-2018 05:14 PM

I save oatmeal canisters and make large cookies to fill them. Never mailed them but mailing should work, especially if canister is packed in another box.

bneuen 09-04-2018 03:28 AM

My favorite way to send cookies is to use Pringle containers. I wrap with a paper grocery bag. Seems to work well.

Needles 09-04-2018 04:49 AM

I also package cookies in Pringles canisters. First I wrap them in saran wrap, stacks of 10-12 small cookies then put in the container. Make sure they fill the can, you can always add or subtract, as the end opens. I put them in the boxes that are priority 'if it fits' ships for one price. They go to HI from FL, and he says usually every cookie is okay and he gets them in 3 days. I stuff paper toweling around containers up against the sides for padding. I tear it in long sheets, he can roll it and use it in his kitchen. No waste.

Bobbielinks 09-04-2018 05:22 AM

I've sent lots of cookies to grandsons while they are on depolyment. I just pack them in zip lock bags, tightly; add other items to the box, just making sure everything is packed tight enough not to leave any spaces or wiggle room.