Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Cookies Recipes Post your favorites here so we can enjoy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/cookies-recipes-post-your-favorites-here-so-we-can-enjoy-t35646.html)

myrna 02-02-2010 08:38 AM

I recently made a batch of dark chocolate oatmeal cookies that were thin, crunchy and delicious. The recipe is on the web site for King Arthur Flour. I am sorry that I am not computer savvy enough to copy it here but it is easy to find. I tried it because I have steel cut oats on hand and was not disappointed. As soon as I lose the 2 pounds I put on, I'll make some more!

myrna 02-02-2010 08:39 AM

OOPS...once would have been enough!

DONK 02-04-2010 12:49 PM

My better half is allergic to eggs so any cookies I make for here have to be eggless. I have a very good cutout cookie recipe I use for all different holidays. I will post it soon.

Elisabrat 02-05-2010 05:03 AM

Uncle Mac's Peanut Butter Cookies
(I found this on the computer and its by far the family fav.. and for those who are allergic to flour.. there is none!)

1 cup Peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
mix together. (I chill for 10 minutes in the fridge to take some of the sticky out of it) take a spoon full, roll slightly with your hands and place balls on cookie sheets. They are about the size of a slightly "larger" quarter? bake at 350 degrees 8-10 minutes. Makes about 2 to 2 1/2 dozen cookies. Just enough to fill you up and not too many to get sick of them!

DONK 02-05-2010 10:06 AM

Heres my recipe for cutout cookies

3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup butter or margarine

1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda

Mix first 4 ingredients as you would pie crust. Heat milk sugar and soda until it foams. Cool mixture then add it to flour mixture. After it is all mixed together chill dough thoroughly. ( I usually make it the night before and let it chill over night ). Roll out on floured board and cut into various shapes. Bake on greased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool and decorate however you like. I make these all year long for whatever occasion. Gonna make some next week for valentines day.

DONK 02-06-2010 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
No Bake Cookies

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
3 T. cocoa
3 cups quick oats
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup nuts (optional)

Mix sugar, milk, butter and cocoa and boil for 1 minute. After it starts to boil mix remaining ingredients. Stir up quickly, then spoon on waxed paper. Let cool for 20 minutes and then store in a container.

These are so good! Enjoy! I bet you can't just eat one!!!!

I whipped up a batch of these yesterday. They are really good. My 17 year old son thought so too. Thumbs up.

vicki75 02-07-2010 11:53 AM

Oreo Snow Balls

1 package of oreo cookies
1 8 oz package of cream cheese
Almond Bark or Milk Chocolate, your choice

Smash up your oreos - good stress relief!
Add the cream cheese and then roll into balls. Stick the balls in the freezer for awhile to get them nice and cold.
Melt your chocolate and then coat each ball. I put them on freezer paper to set.

These are soooo good. Be careful...you'll get addicted!

raptureready 03-16-2010 05:28 PM

Dried Cherry Cookies

One yellow cake mix
2 eggs
2/3 stick of softened butter or margarine
1 t. vanila
1 pkg of dried cherries cut in half or chopped up

mix everything together, drop on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 8-10 minutes.

ScubaK 03-19-2010 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by DONK

Originally Posted by craftybear
No Bake Cookies

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
3 T. cocoa
3 cups quick oats
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup nuts (optional)

Mix sugar, milk, butter and cocoa and boil for 1 minute. After it starts to boil mix remaining ingredients. Stir up quickly, then spoon on waxed paper. Let cool for 20 minutes and then store in a container.

These are so good! Enjoy! I bet you can't just eat one!!!!

I whipped up a batch of these yesterday. They are really good. My 17 year old son thought so too. Thumbs up.

I tried these today...what did I do wrong? Mine failed to harden up! I stirred everything and then let it boil for 1 min, added vanilla and peanut butter, stirred till melted and then stirred in quick oats...

Help...
Kirsten

Sharon321 03-20-2010 06:10 PM

I boil mine for 4 minutes. That is a rapid boil not a simmer.