Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   cottage cheese lovers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/cottage-cheese-lovers-t136543.html)

Wonnie 07-10-2011 06:28 AM

Once you make this you can adjust the ingredients to your personal taste. I don't cut my veggies too fine. Have learned that celery overpowers and makes too much liquid.
I don't always wait for it to "marry" because I'm using cold items to begin with and I love it on saltines......

If you love cottage cheese you may like this:

1 large container cottage cheese (I prefer creamy)
2 or 3 small green onions (you may call them scallions)
chop fine and add to cottage cheese
3 TBLSP or to taste.....green bell pepper chopped fine or whatever size
you may like
3 TBLSP or to taste.... radishes cut same as bell pepper

Mix well, store in frig for flavors to marry. We eat just that way or with fancy crackers.

donnajean 07-10-2011 06:30 AM

Sounds good to me - especially on these hot afternoons.

redkimba 07-10-2011 06:31 AM

WW has a recipe very similar to that - I changed it up a bit because I don't like (raw) onions or bell peppers. I put tomatoes, carrots, celery, etc. to it instead.

blueangel 07-10-2011 06:50 AM

I make that all the time. Love it

oldhag 07-10-2011 07:02 AM

The one my family uses is to add just about 2 tbsp of sour cream to the cottage cheese. Fresh green onions and radishes and a ton of fresh dill. We use as a salad with our supper but only when you can get garden fresh dill as that makes a big difference.

sunflower126 07-10-2011 07:22 AM

Here's a sweet treat with cottage cheese:
1 8 oz container of cottage cheese
1 8 oz container of cool whip
1 can of crushed pineapple drained WELL
1 pkg of jello--I use sugar free
Mix and chill.

I use low fat cottage cheese and fat free cool whip and pineapple no sugar added and sugar free jello since I am diabetic and need to lose weight.

thimblebug6000 07-10-2011 08:30 AM

Our recipe you use softened cream cheese instead of cottage cheese. All sounds yummy!

Wonnie 07-10-2011 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by oldhag
The one my family uses is to add just about 2 tbsp of sour cream to the cottage cheese. Fresh green onions and radishes and a ton of fresh dill. We use as a salad with our supper but only when you can get garden fresh dill as that makes a big difference.

Ooh, will have to try!!

Wonnie 07-10-2011 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by sunflower126
Here's a sweet treat with cottage cheese:
1 8 oz container of cottage cheese
1 8 oz container of cool whip
1 can of crushed pineapple drained WELL
1 pkg of jello--I use sugar free
Mix and chill.

I use low fat cottage cheese and fat free cool whip and pineapple no sugar added and sugar free jello since I am diabetic and need to lose weight.

Will DEFINITELY try. Don't you feel sorry for those who don't like cottage cheese? :lol:

Wonnie 07-10-2011 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
Our recipe you use softened cream cheese instead of cottage cheese. All sounds yummy!

Never thought about doing that. Will give it a try as well.