Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Creamy Pasta Salad with Crabmeat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/creamy-pasta-salad-crabmeat-t188596.html)

Ellen 05-10-2012 09:59 AM

Creamy Pasta Salad with Crabmeat

1/2 cup each light sour cream and light mayonnaise (not fat free)
1 tablespoon each freshly squeezed lemon juice, honey mustard and minced fresh dill (dill optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
12 oz medium shell pasta, uncooked (about 5 cups dry)
1 lb lump crabmeat (real or imitation), chopped
1/2 cup each diced red and green bell peppers
1/2 cup chopped green onions

In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, honey mustard, dill, salt and pepper. Refrigerate dressing until ready to use.

Cook shells according to package directions. Drain well. Rise with cold water and drain again. Transfer pasta to a large bowl. Add crabmeat, bell peppers, onions and dressing. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

This will make your eyes roll back in your head, it's sooo darn good

I use imitation crabmeat that I "pull" like you would pork or beef and you can't tell the difference between that and real.

KimmieH 05-10-2012 10:37 AM

oh i love crab salad......thanks Ellen :)
I dont mind the imitation either in a pinch

SueJ 05-10-2012 12:32 PM

Sounds delicious! Will be printing this out! Thanks for sharing.
Sue

Geri B 05-11-2012 06:25 AM

going to my daughter's for Mommy Day and I definitely will bring this to "share" as we all love crab salad...and this one sounds yummy.....thanks for the recipe...and I think I will make two batches--one for Sunday "share" and one for me-later........

Ellen 05-11-2012 09:16 AM

Geri, this makes a LOT in one batch. You might have enough to share AND keep for later.

I also wanted to tell everyone, I only use maybe 1/2 tsp. of dill as a Tablespoon is so overpowering, you lose the other flavors.

Lyncat 05-11-2012 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ellen (Post 5209717)
Geri, this makes a LOT in one batch. You might have enough to share AND keep for later.

I also wanted to tell everyone, I only use maybe 1/2 tsp. of dill as a Tablespoon is so overpowering, you lose the other flavors.

I think I'm going to add pampered chef dill mix. A nice fresh tasting dill seasoning.

sharon1 05-12-2012 05:43 AM

Thanks a million! Will be using this!
Sb

zennia 05-12-2012 06:33 AM

Sounds real good. Thank You.

Latrinka 05-12-2012 05:53 PM

Sounds delish! Thanks for sharing!

Ellen 05-15-2012 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 5209390)
going to my daughter's for Mommy Day and I definitely will bring this to "share" as we all love crab salad...and this one sounds yummy.....thanks for the recipe...and I think I will make two batches--one for Sunday "share" and one for me-later........

Geri, did your family like it? Did you have enough left over for yourself? Just wondering............