Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Delicious Sweet Potato Baked Fries (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/delicious-sweet-potato-baked-fries-t10579.html)

Quilting Aggi 08-26-2008 09:54 AM

these are a huge favourite in our home.

Peel and cut up sweet potatoes into the size of fries... place in a bowl with a bit of olive oil and herbs such as basil and oregano. Toss together then empty out onto a baking stone or tray. Put in the oven on 350 degrees celcius for about 40 minutes or until fries are tender. They will disappear before you know it!!

If basil and oregano are not favourites, try experimenting with other herbs and spices.

cheers!

Connie1948 08-26-2008 10:01 AM

I for some reason cannot reply to your PM to me about the Posey quilt. You need at least 4 repeats of the pattern in the fabric.....I ususally purchase 5 to be safe.
Connie

twistedstitcher 08-26-2008 01:52 PM

MMMM, those sound yummy! I love sweet potato fries but I've never made them myself. They even sound healthy! I think I'll have to give it a try.

HMK 08-26-2008 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi

Peel and cut up sweet potatoes into the size of fries... place in a bowl with a bit of olive oil and herbs such as basil and oregano. Toss together then empty out onto a baking stone or tray. Put in the oven on 350 degrees celcius for about 40 minutes or until fries are tender. They will disappear before you know it!!

If basil and oregano are not favourites, try experimenting with other herbs and spices.

cheers!

Just to clarify a bit - I think you meant to say 350 degrees Fahrenheit instead of Celsius(the conversion would make it around 662 degrees)

b.zang 08-26-2008 03:22 PM

Oddly enough, they are delicious with a light sprinkling of cayenne pepper instead of herbs.

Regular potatoes are also great this way. Don't bother peeling, just cut 'em in chunks, toss wtih olive oil and seasoning and bake. I don't find the oven temperature to be an issue, I just bake along with whatever else is in - a lower temp, more time/higher, less.

Wonder what else we can bake like this?

Quilting Aggi 08-26-2008 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by HMK

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi

cheers!

Just to clarify a bit - I think you meant to say 350 degrees Fahrenheit instead of Celsius(the conversion would make it around 662 degrees)

It's a Canadian thing LOL..

Quilting Aggi 08-26-2008 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by b.zang
Oddly enough, they are delicious with a light sprinkling of cayenne pepper instead of herbs.

Regular potatoes are also great this way. Don't bother peeling, just cut 'em in chunks, toss wtih olive oil and seasoning and bake. I don't find the oven temperature to be an issue, I just bake along with whatever else is in - a lower temp, more time/higher, less.

Wonder what else we can bake like this?

After writing this recipe today, I made them for supper tonight with some lemon pepper salmon and fresh veggies stir fried in a bit of balsamic vinegar.. YUM!

Quilting Aggi 08-26-2008 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by twistedstitcher
MMMM, those sound yummy! I love sweet potato fries but I've never made them myself. They even sound healthy! I think I'll have to give it a try.

They are very very good for you!! Try em.. you'll like em!

Quilting Aggi 08-26-2008 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Connie1948
I for some reason cannot reply to your PM to me about the Posey quilt. You need at least 4 repeats of the pattern in the fabric.....I ususally purchase 5 to be safe.
Connie

Thanks for the information Connie... I am figuring I will get 4 1/2 metres.. That should give me plenty to make 20 blocks and borders.

tlrnhi 08-27-2008 03:42 AM

Sweet potatoes are just yummy!
I love them baked!!