Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Did you ever (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/did-you-ever-t280753.html)

Daffy Daphne 07-25-2016 03:10 PM

Did you ever

give the buttermilk a good shake, only to discover a split second later that the top wasn't screwed on tight?
Arghhh.

Might not have been so bad if I hadn't spent the last couple of days putting a bushel of peas in the freezer, and was so ready to get back to the sewing machine, instead of having to mop up buttermilk splatters from half my (thank goodness small) kitchen.

Daffy

cjsews 07-25-2016 03:25 PM

Nope not I. But you should see the mess Parmesan cheese makes when you shake it up with a loose top. Next time I will use a fork to break up the lumps

SewingSew 07-25-2016 05:38 PM

I've done the Parmesean cheese thing before, but even worse, in my haste to clean it up, I vacuumed it and paid for that little mistake later on when I couldn't figure out where that nasty smell was coming from. Yuck!! My vacuum cleaner was never the same after that. And Daffy, I've done the buttermilk thing with a half gallon of Concord grape juice and the kitchen chairs had just been reupholstered in an off-white fabric!

catsden 07-25-2016 05:47 PM

I did that with mustard right after my Dad had painted the cupboards (white) in the kitchen when I was about 13.

Jane Quilter 07-25-2016 06:05 PM

I once whipped potatoes at my mom's house with a mixer I was unfamiliar with. Most of the whipped potatoes landed and stuck on the ceiling. Thank goodness my 6'7" fiance could easily reach and clean the ceiling. My Mom deemed him "handy" and a "keeper". I've "kept" him 40 years, next month. He is indeed "handy".

lclang 07-26-2016 03:08 AM

Nothing like having eggs boil dry and explode...you'll get a lot of exercise cleaning ceiling and walls, as well as upper oven and stove...and the smell is terrible!

Geri B 07-26-2016 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by lclang (Post 7611420)
Nothing like having eggs boil dry and explode...you'll get a lot of exercise cleaning ceiling and walls, as well as upper oven and stove...and the smell is terrible!

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has done that's----

csknott 07-26-2016 07:17 AM

My DH shook catsup once in a restaurant and got it on me and the man's shirt at the next table. They thought it was funny after the initial shock and refused reimbursement.

Tothill 07-26-2016 07:45 AM

I spent much of yesterday cleaning my dad's kitchen. I have no idea what it was that I was cleaning off the ceiling above the sink.

My grandmother had her pressure cooker paint her ceiling a few times.

madamekelly 07-26-2016 08:14 AM

Back when ketchup bottles were glass, I picked one up off the counter and it slipped out of my hands. It landed on the top, which shattered, then bounced, flipped, and hit the bottom which broke the bottle, and shot ketchup everywhere, on all the cupboards, walls, and me. So I had a sticky, glass filled, mess to deal with. Never bought another glass bottle of anything liquid if I could avoid it. I was still finding dots of ketchup days latter! Lol!

*(Well. Except for EVOO, which is always sold in glass)