Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Dump Cake Mess (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/dump-cake-mess-t52051.html)

stitchinwitch 07-02-2010 03:18 AM

What happened?? Where is it?? Did you DUMP it?

mrspete 07-02-2010 05:03 AM

I've got the coffee ready! Bring it on.

quilter68 07-02-2010 06:51 AM

I can smell it from here. How do you make it, please?

Rachel 07-02-2010 06:58 AM

I think buffmama must have eaten it without showing a picture. tee hee

Nanjun 07-02-2010 07:09 AM

waiting for a taste!!

mountain deb 07-02-2010 01:29 PM

????????????????????????????????????

Carol's Quilts 07-02-2010 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by buffmama
Well, in my enthusiasm to make this, I failed to follow the 'order listed' part. Yep, I put the cake mix in the pan, followed by pineapple, peaches, nuts then butter. It's in the oven now....we will see....pictures to follow! (if it's not too graphic) :roll:

I must have missed something. What's the recipe?

adrianlee 07-02-2010 06:00 PM

I'll bring my own plate and fork. Where is the photo?

nuttyhurricane 07-02-2010 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Carol's Quilts

Well, in my enthusiasm to make this, I failed to follow the 'order listed' part. Yep, I put the cake mix in the pan, followed by pineapple, peaches, nuts then butter. It's in the oven now....we will see....pictures to follow! (if it's not too graphic) :roll:

The recipe I use is as follows: Dump two cans of your favorite pie filling in the bottom of your cake pan (I spray mine first) Dump one box of white cakemix on top. Dab 2 sticks of butter or margarine cut up in little pats accross the top and bake for the size pan and temp listed on your cake mix box. PS I make my own pie filling from fresh apples or peaches adding the same spices I would if I were making a pie. All is yummy. I also only use 1 1/2 sticks butter.
K

Carol's Quilts 07-03-2010 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by nuttyhurricane

Originally Posted by Carol's Quilts

The recipe I use is as follows: Dump two cans of your favorite pie filling in the bottom of your cake pan (I spray mine first) Dump one box of white cakemix on top. Dab 2 sticks of butter or margarine cut up in little pats accross the top and bake for the size pan and temp listed on your cake mix box. PS I make my own pie filling from fresh apples or peaches adding the same spices I would if I were making a pie. All is yummy. I also only use 1 1/2 sticks butter.
K

Thank you. Sounds really good. We're all dying to find out how it came out. Please let us know.

That sounds similar to a dump cake I saw on PBS called Peaches and Cream, using frozen peaches. I'll post it under a new thread.