Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Easy Apple Cake...and Lemon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/easy-apple-cake-lemon-t184735.html)

SandyinZ4 04-01-2012 05:35 PM

Easy Apple Cake...and Lemon

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure if anyone has posted this easy cake recipe yet but here goes... Take one box of spice cake mix, add one can of apple pie filling, 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil; mix well, pour in a bundt pan and bake at 350º for 50 minutes. My dear friend gave me this recipe and I decided to tweak it so came up with this variation which I tried tonight. I substituted the spice cake for lemon cake mix, added one can of lemon pie filling ad the eggs and oil. It was really thick so I added 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice and baked as above. It was yummy. Would be good with a lemon glaze but I didn't want to make one so we just ate it plain...well not exactly plain...had homemade vanilla ice cream with it. Yum!

COYOTEMAGIC 04-01-2012 05:55 PM

How about this to go on top of a slice

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Lemon-Curd/

SandyinZ4 04-02-2012 07:36 AM

I will try that soon. Thanks for the link.

QuiltnLady1 04-02-2012 07:51 AM

Yummy!! Both of them sound good -- thanks!!

callen 04-02-2012 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 (Post 5108939)
Not sure if anyone has posted this easy cake recipe yet but here goes... Take one box of spice cake mix, add one can of apple pie filling, 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil; mix well, pour in a bundt pan and bake at 350º for 50 minutes. My dear friend gave me this recipe and I decided to tweak it so came up with this variation which I tried tonight. I substituted the spice cake for lemon cake mix, added one can of lemon pie filling ad the eggs and oil. It was really thick so I added 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice and baked as above. It was yummy. Would be good with a lemon glaze but I didn't want to make one so we just ate it plain...well not exactly plain...had homemade vanilla ice cream with it. Yum!

I make one very similar but a bit different. I use the lemon cake mix (as directed) fill a bundt pan half full, sprinkle a small pkg. of lemon jello over that (try & keep it away from the edges of the pan as the jello will stick to the pan) pour the other 1/2 of the cake batter on top & bake as directed. Let it sit overnight & voila a moist, delicious lemon cake. Dust icing sugar on top or you could use a glaze.

QuiltE 04-02-2012 12:31 PM

Easier still .....
one Angel cake mix
one can of pie filling
(nothing else!!)

Mix and put into bundt/angel cake pan or flat 9x13 or muffin cups.
Bake at temperature and time as per cake box.

Have fun experimenting with combos!

Angel Cake + 1/3 to 1/2 cup bakers cocoa + Cherry Pie filling + after cooled trim with whipped cream ........ mmmmm Black Forest Cake!
Cherry pie filling ... pretty in pink!
Apple pie filling + extra spices .... delicious spice cake!
Lemon Pie Filling ... spread thin into cookie sheets to make squares
and so on!

I keep a box and a can in my cupboard all the time so I can quickly make something when in a hurry!

callen 04-03-2012 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5110971)
Easier still .....
one Angel cake mix
one can of pie filling
(nothing else!!)

Mix and put into bundt/angel cake pan or flat 9x13 or muffin cups.
Bake at temperature and time as per cake box.

Have fun experimenting with combos!

Angel Cake + 1/3 to 1/2 cup bakers cocoa + Cherry Pie filling + after cooled trim with whipped cream ........ mmmmm Black Forest Cake!
Cherry pie filling ... pretty in pink!
Apple pie filling + extra spices .... delicious spice cake!
Lemon Pie Filling ... spread thin into cookie sheets to make squares
and so on!

I keep a box and a can in my cupboard all the time so I can quickly make something when in a hurry!

Excellent ideas. A must for everyone's pantry. Tks for sharing.

QUILTNMO 04-03-2012 02:10 PM

wow sounds yummy

reginalovesfabric 04-04-2012 11:49 AM

thanks lemon is my favorite