Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Easy Apple Dumplings (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/easy-apple-dumplings-t170826.html)

atomicblond 12-03-2011 03:20 PM

Easy Apple Dumplings

These are so easy to make. Just perfect for a cold rainy day.

2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and quartered (or 4 small halved)
1 can of Crescent Rolls
1/2 cup sugar
cinnamon
butter
1 can Mountain Dew

Wrap each apple piece in a crescent roll (try to get the dough to wrap the apple) and place in a casserole dish. Sprinkle with sugar and as much cinnamon as you like. Pour the Mountain Dew around the dumplings. Top each dumpling with a pat of butter. Bake at 350' for 35 min. or until golden brown.

enjoy

sassy granny 12-03-2011 07:32 PM

sounds delicious and quick

sassy granny

thenonnielady 12-04-2011 04:00 AM

apple dumplings

Originally Posted by atomicblond (Post 4747980)
These are so easy to make. Just perfect for a cold rainy day.

2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and quartered (or 4 small halved)
1 can of Crescent Rolls
1/2 cup sugar
cinnamon
butter
1 can Mountain Dew

Wrap each apple piece in a crescent roll (try to get the dough to wrap the apple) and place in a casserole dish. Sprinkle with sugar and as much cinnamon as you like. Pour the Mountain Dew around the dumplings. Top each dumpling with a pat of butter. Bake at 350' for 35 min. or until golden brown.

enjoy

These are so good...since I found the recipe a couple of months ago, I have made them many times and gotten rave reviews.
You think that the recipe will not work after you dump in the soda, but it does.
Easy and tasty

stichinluvr 12-04-2011 08:22 AM

Wonder if you could use diet dew and splenda?

SouthPStitches 12-04-2011 01:59 PM

Mt. Dew? Seriously?

atomicblond 12-04-2011 07:29 PM

I know what you mean. I wasn't sure about the Mt. Dew either. But it was so crazy I had to try it. It turned out really good. I don't know about diet Mt. Dew and Splenda, but you could always try. I can't use Splenda--doesn't agree with my system.

luvTooQuilt 12-04-2011 09:00 PM

OK so what does the Mt Dew do for the dumplings???

JanieH 12-05-2011 12:04 AM

They sound great - easy to make and sure to taste good!

MAK'58 12-05-2011 06:37 AM

u can also use sprite or 7-up

Wonnie 12-05-2011 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by thenonnielady (Post 4749427)
These are so good...since I found the recipe a couple of months ago, I have made them many times and gotten rave reviews.
You think that the recipe will not work after you dump in the soda, but it does.
Easy and tasty

Question for those who have tried this: Do you wrap the 4 apple sections in one crescent roll (???) or, do you wrap each apple SECTION in a piece of crescent roll thereby cutting each crescent section to fit the individual apple sections (???) Really want to try these....they sound delish!