Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   electric preasure cooker (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/electric-preasure-cooker-t285376.html)

yellowwroses 01-20-2017 11:24 AM

electric preasure cooker

ours just died last nite. if you have one s
what kind do you have and why do you like it.
thanks
judy

tranum 01-20-2017 04:56 PM

Insta pot gets best reviews when I shopped before Christmas. Costs a bit more, but has stainless steel pot, which I prefer over no stick. Gave 2 as gifts and both families rave about them. I still have stove top but it works so I won't be replacing it soon

LindaJ 01-21-2017 05:42 AM

I also have the instant pot and the inside pot is like Tranum said is stainless steel. I bought an extra pot with it and don't think I will ever need it. I love mine and use it for everything.

sewnsewer2 01-21-2017 06:54 AM

I just bought a power cooker from Walmart. It's my 1st ever & I love it!! I've used it almost every day!

misseva 01-21-2017 09:24 AM

I just bought an Instant Pot on the advice of Everyday Cheapskate. Wonderful. I especially like the stainless pot because it's easier to clean and lighter than my crockpot. In fact since you can use as a slow cooker too, I gave my crockpot to my daughter because hers just quit working. I highly recommend it.

Stitchnripper 01-21-2017 09:56 AM

I got my Instant Pot about a month ago and I love it. I haven't had any failures yet. There are many recipes on line. Important to remember use enough liquid and don't overfill. If you are into Facebook, there is an official Instant Pot group and the posters share all kinds of things about their recipes. If not, google for lots of information.

romanojg 01-22-2017 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 (Post 7746081)
I just bought a power cooker from Walmart. It's my 1st ever & I love it!! I've used it almost every day!

I'm considering one from there. Not sure if its the same one. It has different size ones, it's an all in one, love the idea of searing, braising, slow cooking and pressure cooking all in one. Pressure cookers have came along way since my first one. No more balancing the thing on the top of the lid. I have two that work on top of the stove. I want the all in one and then I can get rid of the slow cooker and maybe a few other items it'll replace.

misseva 01-22-2017 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg (Post 7746829)
I'm considering one from there. Not sure if its the same one. It has different size ones, it's an all in one, love the idea of searing, braising, slow cooking and pressure cooking all in one. Pressure cookers have came along way since my first one. No more balancing the thing on the top of the lid. I have two that work on top of the stove. I want the all in one and then I can get rid of the slow cooker and maybe a few other items it'll replace.

ibought my pot from walmart

Stitchnripper 01-22-2017 11:40 AM

The Instant Pot brand is sold at Walmart too, and Walmart on line. I got mine from Amazon on a sale. Instant Pot has a stainless insert, but really, stuff doesn't stick to it and there is always barkeepers friend if it does.

farmquilter 01-22-2017 11:51 AM

Stitchnripper, got mine from Amazon about a year ago and love it. My mail driver asked about it when she delivered mine. She bought one and said it is used almost every day. Good reminder about the barkeepers friend.