Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Fancy luncheon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/fancy-luncheon-t220562.html)

Pickle 05-02-2013 03:15 PM

Fancy luncheon

I am to have a nice luncheon for company for lunch I thought of fruit Pizza for dessert but now what do I serve as the main course?? D you have some fancy sandwich recipes or something lady like!!

Vat 05-03-2013 04:10 AM

I would do a salad plate. Chicken salad served in a quarter of a sliced pineapple, broccolli salad, carrot salad. Then do a light dessert like chocolate pudding w/ suagr cookie. All home made.

dd 05-03-2013 04:15 AM

I made tiny little chicken salad sandwiches made with red grapes, toasted almonds, dill and poppyseeds. Everyone liked the chicken salad. I served grapes and angelfood cake for dessert. I made a fruit punch and Crystal Light Appletini.

quilt103 05-03-2013 04:42 AM

I am having a luncheon tomorrow and am serving this recipe

[h=2]Beyond the Grave Chicken Salad[/h] Beyond the Grave Chicken Salad Recipe

5 lbs. chicken breasts
2 quarts water
parsley sprigs
1 large onion, quartered
1 tsp. seasoned salt
2 chicken bouillion cubes
In large pot, bring water and seasoning to boil, add chicken, lower heat and simmer 40 min. Remove from heat, cool. Shred chicken and refrigerate.
Dressing:
1/2 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
1 cup Duke’s mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. white vinegar
1-1/2 tsp. celery seed
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
dash paprika
Blend well together.
For salad:
Toss shredded chicken with one cup of dressing and let stand at least one hour to marinate.
Combine remaining dressing with:
1/2 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp. honey
Add to chicken and mix well. May add canned water chestnuts, blanched almonds or chopped pecans.

from Mary Kay Andrews

Daisy Dew 05-03-2013 04:48 AM

I have had success with little cream puffs filled with chicken salad (try making chicken salad with a roasted chicken from the market yumm) also little cucumber sandwiches made with the small deli rye loaf the approx. 2X2 inch pieces topped with a thin sliced cucumber (cut the cuke skin with little "Vs" for decoration) use a dill spread. These are an open faced sandwich. Have a nice veggie try and put the dips in big Red, Yellow, Green cored sweet peppers, cut a little off the bottom so the pepper sits upright without tipping. Hope you have a good time, these are fun.

Pickle 05-03-2013 06:05 AM

OMG thanks for all the good ideas , they all sound yummy now I have to choose. Maybe I can take one item from each suggestion! Thanks again.

brendaln 05-03-2013 10:04 AM

I just did a luncheon for my girls and made Turkey Waldorf sandwiches, (go to Cooks.com and put that in). They loved them especially on the raisen bread. Also made a cauliflour soup. i.e soup and salad

sailsablazin 05-03-2013 01:36 PM

Chicken salad on croissants.... maybe homemade potato soup and homemade bread...then your fruit pizza...ONE OF MY FAVORITES!!!

MillieH 05-04-2013 08:43 AM

I did crab mornay served over/in puff pastry shells and a fruit salad for a luncheon, with a choice of pies for dessert. It was a hit--but the crab mornay is a bit expensive if you are having to make enough for a large group.

The Babe 05-04-2013 09:17 AM

I would like to have the recipe for the crab mornay please. Thank you.